Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack bugs to get them squashed

TOPIC: ComicRack Crashes on startup

ComicRack Crashes on startup 7 years 1 month ago #10414

• Lemon
  • Fresh Boarder
I tried to start ComicRack this morning, and it started fine until it got to loading up the comic and the "What's New" page tries to load, but crashes the whole program. I have updated to the new ComicRack, still crashed. Uninstalled it and reinstalled it, still crashed. I have never had any problems with this most excellent program before. I am running Windows 7 if that is any help. If there is a way to disable the "What's New" page without opening ComicRack, I think that may help. Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:ComicRack Crashes on startup 7 years 1 month ago #10416

• bugger
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Browse to \Users\"YOUR USER NAME"\AppData\Roaming\
Rename the foldeer cyo to cyo.bak
Reinstall ComickRack

This will should purge any files that may have been corrupted.

Re:ComicRack Crashes on startup 7 years 1 month ago #10417

• Lemon
  • Fresh Boarder
I renamed the folder to cyo.bak, and reinstalled ComicRack. Still crashed at the same spot. Being that its a folder, why would changing its name to cyo.bak do anything?

Re:ComicRack Crashes on startup 7 years 1 month ago #10445

• bugger
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Renameing it cyo.bak is just a safer way of getting it out of the way; as opposed to deleting the folder. Had your issue involved a corrupt database or settings file in that folder this method should have fixed it. I assume ComicRack at some point has worked on your computer, so I would try to think what might have changed, did you install some new software, change some hardware driver, or change some physical hardware? Try to uninstall comicrack and microsoft .net, reboot and then reinstall comicrack.

ComicRack Crashes on startup 1 year 7 months ago #45222

• knasil
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, I have the same issue... in case this helps: it started happening to me right after I made a "donation" through paypal. May be the system started checking whether it should load the donation window and crashed in the process. (Laptop running Windoes 10).

Hope this helps. Great app by the way.

cheers.

By the way... the android version just crashes in my Samsung Tablet (I had to uninstall it... not so good)
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by knasil. Reason: forgot to add stuff.
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

Who's Online

We have 209 guests and 4 members online