Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack bugs to get them squashed

TOPIC: Slowdown

Slowdown 9 years 6 months ago #1055

• xzbachan
  • Senior Boarder
I don't know if the slowdown is a bug or not, but if you got a 400+MB file, it takes a while for the third-fourth page from where you're on (even when jumping to the middle) to open / load... even if you max the mem cache & disc cache -how come? Can it (max) be increased more? Why do comic readers with little footprints like Gonvisor, Hamana, etc. faster on these files?

I'm bored, sorry for my ramblings, though i am curious...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Slowdown 9 years 6 months ago #1064

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
Actually I've never worked with 400MB+ files...

I will try to generate one and look into the problem.

Re:Slowdown 9 years 6 months ago #1072

• xzbachan
  • Senior Boarder
Actually ordinary 50MB to 100MB+ sized ecomics would load slow and takes 1-3 seconds (it said loading) to change pages, even when my PC is good enough (2Gig, Dual Core) and changed the CR settings to my advantages.

Just wondering if you know/tried the Japanese ecomic reader MangaMeeya (English Interface version - MMCE July20)? Can't you -erm copy their engine? That one is like nothing else I tried, fast with large sized ecomics too on old P4 PC to boot... I swear, it's like it's on steroids. It's also said on wikipedia to be the fastest. It is abandoned by the Japanese author though & it lacks ecomic manager.

ComicRack as a ecomic manager is unparalleled or more accurately IS THE BEST (if not the only one). It's only weakness would be the reader speed (loading time) - which is mostly average among ordinary English ecomic readers.
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Who's Online

We have 161 guests and 6 members online