Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack bugs to get them squashed

TOPIC: Moved Files don't disappear on rescan, multiple entries?

Moved Files don't disappear on rescan, multiple entries? 9 years 7 months ago #1117

• Bob
  • Expert Boarder
Heya,
As always, love the program!

I'm seeing something odd and I have a feeling it's something I'm overlooking. . .

Anyway- I often add new files to c:comics, just drop them in, then hit "Scan eComic Folders" in ComicRack.

Then, a month or so later I'll get around to sorting the (no longer new) files into appropriate subdirectories (c:comics\GenericPublisher\The Green Giant\). Then I hit 'Scan eComic Folders" and ComicRack automagically goes through and recognizes the file is in a new place (I suspect it detects the library entry isn't in its old place, deletes the entry, then finds the file in its new home and creates a new entry)

Well, it's creating a new library entry, but it's not deleting the old entry - with the result that I have a lot of 'double' entries in the Library, one of which doesn't work.

Ideas?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Moved Files don't disappear on rescan, multiple entries? 9 years 7 months ago #1121

• snorbaard
  • Junior Boarder
I've had the same happen, but Comicrack has tended to fix the entry if I leave it running minimized for a while.

Have you tried going to Edit -> Preferences -> Scan?

Re:Moved Files don't disappear on rescan, multiple entries? 9 years 7 months ago #1125

• Bob
  • Expert Boarder
Oh.
As I said in original post, "I'm seeing something odd and I have a feeling it's something I'm overlooking. . ."

Thank you! That did the trick. I bet it got unchecked at last upgrade.
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds

Who's Online

We have 229 guests and 2 members online