Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack bugs to get them squashed

TOPIC: ComicRack is "Losing" Items in the Library

ComicRack is "Losing" Items in the Library 9 years 5 months ago #1153

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Hello, I have 8,817 eComics that should be in the library, but ComicRack is only showing 8,061. I first noticed this today when I was looking for an issue I knew should be there, and I couldn't find it. I went to the folder the file is saved in, it's still there, and when I opened it "Get Info" still showed all the saved tags, but it still wasn't in the library. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:ComicRack is "Losing" Items in the Library 9 years 5 months ago #1156

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
Hello again, a couple developments this morning. ComicRack is now reporting 8,003 issues in the library, so it has lost a few more. I did export a comic list to csv, and there it is reporting the proper amount, so I don't seem to be losing the metadata and such, just the display of the comic. I'm hesitant to try too many things for fear of losing all my metadata, as it took a lot of work to gather up and without a reliable database it would be difficult to get it back. If anyone has any "safe" tips though, I'm open to suggestions. Thanks in advance.
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko

Re:ComicRack is "Losing" Items in the Library 9 years 5 months ago #1166

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
if you have NTFS, the info is also saved in the comic files. So the data is not lost.

Maybe you added some filtering...

You can try to rescan your comic folder and check if they re-popup.

Re:ComicRack is "Losing" Items in the Library 9 years 5 months ago #1168

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
Hello, cYo! Nice to "meet" you. Thank you very much for this excellent software. I was just about to post that I found the cause. I've been trying to find all the options ComicRack has, and I just found the left side smart list window. I hadn't used it before, or opened it for that matter, but somehow "recently added" came to be selected. I reset it to "library" and all is well. With all the options available, I'm sure it will take me a little while longer to work it all out. Sorry about that:silly: .

It would help if you had some info in your wiki, and perhaps I could give that a whirl. I've not done anything like it before but if it would help I could give it a try.
Marty Pasko
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Who's Online

We have 192 guests and 7 members online