Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack bugs to get them squashed

TOPIC: ComicRack 0.9.80 losing Tags

ComicRack 0.9.80 losing Tags 9 years 6 months ago #1212

• Hornen
  • Fresh Boarder
Greetings,

first: Great piece of software, been using it for a while now but i ran into a pretty annoying issue by now:

I've been tagging and converting my comics from different formats (cbr etc) to cbz using ComicRack so the ComicInfo.xml gets written to the archive and i don't depend on the database only. I also thought I could rebuild the database without much hassle that way. But it turns out ComicRack just doesn't read the ComicInfo.xml from some archives, even just after they've been converted and the file was written.

Example from today: I tagged about 400 comics, converted them from cbr to cbt and back to cbz using ComicRack. All tags would display fine and the files got added to the database. then i close ComicRack and reopen it. Then i scroll down to the files i just tagged. The tags are loaded fine some files but for some they are not. When i say some i mean hundreds (possibly thousands when i look at the entire database). From the 400 comics i mentioned tags are not loaded for about 150. Refreshes or switching from library view to folder view etc doesn't help, the tags are gone. When i check the archives the ComicInfo.xml is still present and contains the correct tags. But i can't get them to load again in the application unless i retag them and i'd have to pretty much do that every time i scroll through the library because new tagless files (which did have tags before) keep showing up.

I'm running Vista Business x64 SP1 with all current Updates and the comics files are stored on a network drive on a Windows Server 2008 x64 machine. Should mention that i had this issue already when the files where still stored locally on the Vista machine. Both machines run under a user without admin rights.

Hope someone knows a fix for this!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:ComicRack 0.9.80 losing Tags 9 years 6 months ago #1214

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Check the scripts forum, there is a script to read back the info from your xml files

Re:ComicRack 0.9.80 losing Tags 9 years 6 months ago #1217

• Hornen
  • Fresh Boarder
Do you mean this one?

Afaik that's only gonna work on the xml files outside of the archives (generated with the export script).
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Who's Online

We have 198 guests and 2 members online