Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack bugs to get them squashed

TOPIC: New version 0981 crashing after a few minutes of use

New version 0981 crashing after a few minutes of use 9 years 3 months ago #1364

• Dep
  • Senior Boarder
I upgraded comicrack yesterday from 0980 to 0981 and since doing so comicrack crashes after a short period of use. Primarily it is crashing when attempting to scan my collections folders. Although i've had it randomly crash also when just reading comics (or scrolling thru my list of comics looking for a comic to read). On windows xp pro I've had the new version tell me 2 times so far that my database is corrupt and needs to be recreated (generally crashing after receiving that message) Once I restart comic rack it seems to load the supposed corrupt database properly. On vista ultimate 64 bit edition it crashes on scanning my library and also within 5 minutes of opening comicrack. On vista home edition (32 bit) it's fine as long as I don't try to scan my library. I don't always get the option to report the crash (on vista home especially) at times when it crashes it just closes out sometimes it locks the systems up completely and a reboot is needed although that's not consistently happening. I have been reporting the crashes (thru the dialog box that sometimes comes up) when it asks if i want to try to restart and resume the application that seems to happen only on the vista home edition version though i've never seen the dialog option on vista 64 bit edition so far and rarely on the xp pro version when it crashes. Now that I can post here I may roll my version back to 9.8 and try to report any issues/bugs I have with that version.

My specs
Desktop
Intel Core2Duo e6550 @ 2.33 GHz 2.34 GHz, 2x8600 gt Nvidia video cards (in sli mode), 4 gigs of matched ocz ddr2 800 ram, running dual boot options of vista ultimate 64 bit edition and xp pro 32 bit edition on 2.5 TB sata drives (internal and external).

Laptop
Intel Celeron M CPU 440 @ 1.86 GHz, 2 GB Corsair ddr2 ram, vista 32 bit home basic edition on 80 GB sata drive.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds

Who's Online

We have 223 guests and 6 members online