Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack bugs to get them squashed

TOPIC: [Fixed] ComicRack Hangs when quickly scrolling through comic pages

[Fixed] ComicRack Hangs when quickly scrolling through comic pages 5 years 4 months ago #23362

This is starting to drive me crazy. Using 0.9.155 64 bit, when reading a comic if I quickly scroll through the pages, particularly using the mouse wheel, the loading window comes up but the pages never display. The app becomes unresponsive at this point and I have to kill the process using Task Manager and relaunch the app.

I've tried disabling Hardware Acceleration and there doesn't seem to be any impact. It happens frequently enough that I can reproduce within 20-30 seconds of trying.
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by cYo.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: ComicRack Hangs when quickly scrolling through comic pages 5 years 4 months ago #23375

• skeezix
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Yes! This has been happening to me, too. It always was a problem, but it seems to have gotten especially bad with the latest release. I'm also on 64-bit.

Re: ComicRack Hangs when quickly scrolling through comic pages 5 years 3 months ago #23650

I, Too, am having this odd issue. I noticed it starting to happen slowly before, but now it's almost any time I try to type letters while scrolling through my library to find a specific title or when I scroll using the scrollbar too fast. It seems like it may be a result of the indexing, as ComicRack refreshes the thumbnail every time, and can't keep up with the demand of having 20 thumbnail covers on screen in the smallest list display mode possible. Works fine if the "Cover" column is not displayed.

Using version 0.9.155 64-bit on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit with over 14k comics in library. Hope this helps!

Re: ComicRack Hangs when quickly scrolling through comic pages 5 years 3 months ago #23666

Some more info: This seems to happen on cbr (rar) files at least more frequently. I'm not 100% sure it happens only on cbr(rar) files, but it definitely is more noticeable.

Re: ComicRack Hangs when quickly scrolling through comic pages 5 years 3 months ago #23869

• jeroenwalter
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 38
I only use cbz files and I can confirm that this happens a lot for me. Using 0.9.155 64 bit.
Very frustrating..... :(

Re: ComicRack Hangs when quickly scrolling through comic pages 5 years 2 months ago #24899

• Kazum
  • Fresh Boarder
I am using 0.9.155 32 bit and have the same problem: Comic Rack freezes when reading comics. It doesn't matter though whether i scroll fast or slow through the pages, whether i use the mouse wheel or arrow keys, every two or three comics it hangs up and i have to end it via task manager.

Right now i just use Comic Rack as a library. For reading comics i have to use YACReader.

Re: ComicRack Hangs when quickly scrolling through comic pages 5 years 2 months ago #24909

• skeezix
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Kazum: That sounds like a different problem, actually. Have you tried turning off hardware acceleration in your ComicRack settings?

Re: ComicRack Hangs when quickly scrolling through comic pages 5 years 1 month ago #25547

• jeroenwalter
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 38
Mmmmm.
I've disabled hardware acceleration and I still get the freezes.
However, ComicRack doesn't complete hang, it just freezes for like a minute or so and then displays the image I was scrolling to.
So somewhere ComicRack seems to be waiting for something, so it's not a complete deadlock....
As an experienced programmer, I say: Have fun debugging that :evil:

Re: ComicRack Hangs when quickly scrolling through comic pages 4 years 11 months ago #26645

• whismerhill
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I confirm this bug

had it to happen under those conditions
-cbr or cbz didn't matter
-more frequent with big files
-either big cbz/cbr of a thousand pages (scrolling quickly with a free mousewheel while the archive was opened for the first time)
-or big cbz/cbr of a a few pages with very big images

the last case is almost like a 100% sure way to get a crash, since the loading is very slow due to the huge size of images, scrolling will crash unless you wait enough time for pages to load

also, I dunno if it's related but decoding big images is very slow in comicrack

Re: ComicRack Hangs when quickly scrolling through comic pages 4 years 11 months ago #26716

• jorgev
  • Fresh Boarder
I confirm also having this bug
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Who's Online

We have 260 guests and 6 members online