Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack bugs to get them squashed

TOPIC: [Fixed] ComicRack Hangs when quickly scrolling through comic pages

Re: ComicRack Hangs when quickly scrolling through comic pages 4 years 11 months ago #26759

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
I've actually had a few problems lately when scrolling through my library too rapidly, dunno if that might be related.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: ComicRack Hangs when quickly scrolling through comic pages 4 years 11 months ago #26763

• jorgev
  • Fresh Boarder
I personly never have the bug when i scroll true my library, but only when i open a book and scroll true the pages.

Re: ComicRack Hangs when quickly scrolling through comic pages 4 years 11 months ago #27104

• jorgev
  • Fresh Boarder
I wonder if cYo was able to

1. reproduce this bug
2. think of a possible solution.

For now when browsing the library, if we want to read a book, we have to rightclick a book, click "reveal book in explorer" and then open the book with another comicbook reader.

The bug happens to frequently for me to read in Comicrack.
Waiting for a solution, comicrack is the only way to go for me.

Re: ComicRack Hangs when quickly scrolling through comic pages 4 years 11 months ago #27105

• jeroenwalter
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 38
jorgev wrote:
I wonder if cYo was able to

1. reproduce this bug
2. think of a possible solution.

For now when browsing the library, if we want to read a book, we have to rightclick a book, click "reveal book in explorer" and then open the book with another comicbook reader.

The bug happens to frequently for me to read in Comicrack.
Waiting for a solution, comicrack is the only way to go for me.

It would be nice to hear something about this issue from cYo, seeing as being able to read a comic is one of the basic functions of ComicRack :)

Re: ComicRack Hangs when quickly scrolling through comic pages 4 years 11 months ago #27106

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
I've actually tried to reproduce this myself and have been unable to, so it may be nontrivial to figure out what the problem is.

Re: ComicRack Hangs when quickly scrolling through comic pages 4 years 10 months ago #27113

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
Oh my stars and garters...even when I had a much older PC, ComicRack loaded at least 70% faster than yours does. What hardware are you running on? (It looks like you have very little memory.) How many books are in the library? There may be a resource bottleneck somewhere causing this for some people, maybe?

Re: ComicRack Hangs when quickly scrolling through comic pages 4 years 10 months ago #27117

• Oberon1464
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I've got 146.000 books in the library at the moment but the problem is still not with all the books...

Re: ComicRack Hangs when quickly scrolling through comic pages 4 years 10 months ago #27118

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
Well, I will say that's a lot of books and helps explain the long start time...not totally convinced the problem would go away if you upgraded to a modern amount of RAM, though, doesn't fit the behavior beforehand (and the usage seen). I absolutely cannot duplicate this on any hardware available to me, though...it feels like it must be something specific, like a certain GPU family or something that's not playing nice with the newer builds due to something subtle. Maybe everybody having problems should post detailed info about their setup and we might find a pattern.

Alternatively, maybe we'd have some luck with XPerf (explaining the usage of it is a bit beyond the scope of this forum post, though). It may not be the sort of problem that shows up obviously there but I've had luck in the past with similar behavior in other software.
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Shinrai.

Re: ComicRack Hangs when quickly scrolling through comic pages 4 years 10 months ago #27120

• Oberon1464
  • Senior Boarder
I would not be surprised if my large amount of books could slow down CR a bit but this still does not explain all my issues...

As I mentioned in an earlier reply n this topic:

" Sometimes when you scroll fast through a book CR will hang for an number of minutes (more than 5 at least) and then goes back to normal.
Also when you open a book in the viewer not all pages will load of take forever to show up.
Only a outline/box of the page is shown. This is not happening to all pages oddly enough.
When you look at the individual pages the pages that are having problems are showing red crosses.
I know for sure the image are not corrupt, I checked that and they do fine in CDisplayEx for instance."

See attachment. Note te page with the red cross on the left and the blank pages.

Anyone has had this also before?

Screenshot 1.png

Re: ComicRack Hangs when quickly scrolling through comic pages 4 years 10 months ago #27121

• Oberon1464
  • Senior Boarder
Screenshot 1.png
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Who's Online

We have 167 guests and 5 members online