Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack bugs to get them squashed

TOPIC: Comicrack freeze when scanning folders with a very large number of comics

Comicrack freeze when scanning folders with a very large number of comics 5 years 3 months ago #24772

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 117
I had been having some problems with comicrack lately (it freezed all the times) and trying to understand what was causing it I think I found the reason.

It appears that while in the "folder tab" (the one where you see comics from folders, and not from the library) I try to read (select) a folder with a large number of comics (about 2000 I think, I have tried many folder less than that with no problem, and more than that appears to cause de freezes always) the program just freeze and I have to close it from the Windows Task Manager.

I don´t remember it doing that before, I think it started when I updgraded to the last version 53->55 (I think). But it could also be I added a lot of comics lately and pass the "limit".

I am running it in a Windows 7 64bits S.O. and in a quite new pc (I don't think it is a hardware problem, I have plenty ram, micro power, disk space, etc, etc, etc)

I found out that if I select a subfolder of this folder, one with only a part of this comics, it works ok. I tried every subfolder from a folder that makes the program freeze (so that I could be sure that the problem wasn`t a file in this folder) and I found no problem doing it. It only freeze when I try to read all the whole folder.

Is somebody else having this problem too?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comicrack freeze when scanning folders with a very large number of comics 3 years 2 weeks ago #41006

• dgaleano
  • Fresh Boarder
I have a similar problem, but I don't even get to the folder with the comics. I just switch from library to folders and ComicRack freezes instantly.
Have anyone found a solution for this.??
I'm using V 0.9.176

Comicrack freeze when scanning folders with a very large number of comics 3 years 5 days ago #41122

• number6
  • Fresh Boarder
Having same problem (also V 0.9.176), when I switch from Library to folders program freezes. Has a solution been found?

Nevermind :whistle: . Was syncing music on phone @ same time and once phone was ejected, CR works fine :cheer:
Last Edit: 3 years 5 days ago by number6.
Time to create page: 0.320 seconds

Who's Online

We have 416 guests and 4 members online