Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack bugs to get them squashed

TOPIC: CR .158-172: Comic Rack crashes & the Red X... (Loading new books/pages?)

Re: CR .158: Comic Rack has stopped Responding... (Loading new pages?) 4 years 11 months ago #28774

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
The only thing I changed that MAY influence this is switching over CBZs to the 7Zip engine. You could check if the bug has some dependency to CBZ files.

Otherwise I can not even think about a causes for this.
And from the looks of it you're the only one with the problem (or the problem strong enough to post about it). Do you have a second machine where you can verify the bug?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: CR .158: Comic Rack has stopped Responding... (Loading new pages?) 4 years 11 months ago #28777

• Casublett
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
No 2nd machine :(

It MIGHT be related to the new zip handling, I posted this a post or 2 back:

"Example: I open a book and the cover page loads fine, but if I go to the "Pages" tab, the cover will show as a giant red "X" that is fine AFTER a page refresh."

I can explain more and try to screenshot etc. when this happens to further flush this out.

I'm wagering this does affect others, but they don't use CR as intensely as I am in the way that I am. I have over 3 TB of data I've gathered over the years and I'm slowly comparing and deleting. It takes a long time to do this as it's just a constant process of loading books and comparing pages... over and over and over, for hours on end. :(

Anyway, I haven't had it happen while casually browsing or reading a comic here and there, just during the library clean up process.
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Casublett.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

Re: CR .158/159: Comic Rack has stopped Working... (Loading new pages?) 4 years 10 months ago #28886

• Casublett
  • Gold Boarder
A bit more info to share:

While it doesn't reduce the crashes by 100%, I've found a way to drastically reduce the number I experience.

Open clicking on a new book to examine, as long as I wait for the scrolling page icon graphic at the bottom of the status bar that indicating pages are being loaded, my crash rate drops by about 50%. The crashes still happen, but it goes from 3-5 an hour to 1-2 an hour.

While I can't say with 100% certainty, I'm pretty confident this problem is .zip related. Between the wonky RED X pages both myself one other person reported and the crash only happening when accessing archives, I don't know what else it could be.

Re: CR .158: Comic Rack has stopped Responding... (Loading new pages?) 4 years 10 months ago #28897

• Madmatx
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
I know it's obvious, but have you updated windows recently? I'm thinking it must be that or a driver related issue since it's just you. Also, Comicrack Does tend to use a chunk of resources, do you have a meter running to make sure you aren't overextending the cpu?

Re: CR .158/159: Comic Rack has stopped Working... (Loading new pages?) 4 years 10 months ago #28898

• mal
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I am having the same exact problem. .157 was solid. I wasn't on .158 long enough to notice, but .159 crashes when adding and deleting. It doesn't crash on every transaction, but after about 10, it crashes.

Re: CR .158/159: Comic Rack has stopped Working... (Loading new pages?) 4 years 10 months ago #28899

• Casublett
  • Gold Boarder
mal wrote:
I am having the same exact problem. .157 was solid. I wasn't on .158 long enough to notice, but .159 crashes when adding and deleting. It doesn't crash on every transaction, but after about 10, it crashes.

^^^^ Almost my exact situation, including the 10ish and then a crash ^^^^

Hope you take this in the right spirit, but WOOT!!! Someone else with the exact same problem.

And yes, I update everything as soon as possible, so EVERYTHING is up to date.

Yeah, I have a meter running, my computer is a monster, CR doesn't even scratch it. Unless I'm restarting/saving the DBase or doing a re-sort on my 3 TB of data, it never goes over 10% (normally at 2-3%) usage. :)

Would it help cYo is I posted my specs? I'll do anything I can to help, just not sure what would help you.
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Casublett.

Re: CR .158/159: Comic Rack has stopped Working... (Loading new pages?) 4 years 10 months ago #29127

• Casublett
  • Gold Boarder
.160 still crashes for me like this and I have some more information of the .zip side of things.

The random books with /some/most pages displayed as a giant red X until I copy or re-archive the file? I have found 2 cases where it happens more frequently than others.

1. Strangely enough, a particular scanner has this happen WAY more than other, but by no means exclusively. About 75% of archives by "DTs" exhibit this problem. And it's 100% if I add a variant cover to the archive and try to reopen this book. I must re-archive the file before it's a valid source file. Again, this is since the .158-.160 releases while .157 remains rock solid.

2. It's much more frequent when adding variant covers to an archive in general.

Re: CR .158: Comic Rack has stopped Responding... (Loading new pages?) 4 years 10 months ago #29323

• Casublett
  • Gold Boarder
********* EDIT: Nope, spoke too soon. Just happened again :( *****************

Seems fixed in .161!!

Need to edit the .ini and uncomment the .zip handler to the native .NET engine.

********* EDIT: Nope, spoke too soon. Just happened again :( *****************
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Casublett.

Re: CR .158/159/160: Comic Rack crashes & the Red X... (Loading new books/pages?) 4 years 10 months ago #30017

• DLotR
  • Fresh Boarder
I am having the same issue as well, but it happens at a different time. I like to go through my comic files and remove ads, letter pages, multiple covers, etc... I open them up in Comic Rack and go through them page by page, setting the unwanted pages to the Deleted type so I can reexport them to CBZ and have all those pages dropped (to conserve space). This is where the problem happens to me. I'll just be paging through the comics, and at random when going from one page to the next (or sometimes when I Ctrl-E to go to the last page) it will suddenly hang for a second or two, and then I'll get the following crash info. This also started around the time I upgraded to 158, and has continued through every release since then.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: comicrack.exe
Problem Signature 02: 0.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 51050fd9
Problem Signature 04: cYo.Common
Problem Signature 05: 1.0.4775.22256
Problem Signature 06: 51050dd0
Problem Signature 07: c81
Problem Signature 08: 11e
Problem Signature 09: System.AccessViolationException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 68db
Additional Information 2: 68db3788a92e02161d87b4189138fd22
Additional Information 3: bb57
Additional Information 4: bb57023258284f4e7d37c395171b3253

Re: CR .158/159/160: Comic Rack crashes & the Red X... (Loading new books/pages?) 4 years 10 months ago #30019

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
did you try to switch the cbz handler in the ini?
Time to create page: 0.348 seconds

Who's Online

We have 225 guests and 2 members online