Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack bugs to get them squashed

TOPIC: CR .158-172: Comic Rack crashes & the Red X... (Loading new books/pages?)

CR .158-172: Comic Rack crashes & the Red X... (Loading new books/pages?) 4 years 11 months ago #28348

• Casublett
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Shortly after .158 was released, I started experiencing this crash quite frequently. I've waited to see if anyone else reported this problem, but as of yet, it seems to only be me.

Currently, most of my CR time is spent sorting and deleting dupes. As such, I open many books and frequently switch to the "Pages" tab to verify integrity and compare scans.

Frequently while double clicking to open a new book for verification, in both normal library view and pages view, CR hangs for a moment and then stops responding.

It SEEMS (I say seems as it's just my impression of when and why it happens) to happen while accessing/loading unloaded pages. And other times when switching between books too quickly, both with mouse click on the library entry AND tab switching with multiple books open. It doesn't happen every time by any means, but at least once an hour, sometimes MUCH more (within minutes of the last crash) frequently.

I've changed zero settings and tried turning off Hardware filters. I've tried cleaning the various page caches.

I CAN'T intentionally cause it, but with my current usage, it happen all the time.

I'll be happy to provide anything you request to help. :)
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Casublett.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: CR .158: Comic Rack has stopped Responding... (Loading new pages?) 4 years 11 months ago #28527

• Casublett
  • Gold Boarder
Nothing from nobody? :/

I've tried a fresh install, didn't help.

I can only delete 10-15 (sometimes less) books without CR crashing on me. HELP!!!????!!!! :)

Re: CR .158: Comic Rack has stopped Responding... (Loading new pages?) 4 years 11 months ago #28529

• Pb
  • Junior Boarder
I have the same issue but for me it happens while using a Bédéthèque scraper.

Re: CR .158: Comic Rack has stopped Responding... (Loading new pages?) 4 years 11 months ago #28530

• Casublett
  • Gold Boarder
Just happened again :(

Here is the only additional info I can supply atm, it not much, but until I get help, it's all I got:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: comicrack.exe
Problem Signature 02: 0.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 50e9fe2a
Problem Signature 04: cYo.Common
Problem Signature 05: 1.0.4754.42714
Problem Signature 06: 50e9fe25
Problem Signature 07: c65
Problem Signature 08: 119
Problem Signature 09: System.AccessViolationException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 68db
Additional Information 2: 68db3788a92e02161d87b4189138fd22
Additional Information 3: b6f4
Additional Information 4: b6f4782cefa236f06726215eb466b57c
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Casublett.

Re: CR .158: Comic Rack has stopped Responding... (Loading new pages?) 4 years 11 months ago #28534

• Casublett
  • Gold Boarder
I had all cache settings maxed (and have for multiple release versions) and after setting my thumbnail cache/other cache settings back to default, the problem might have gone away.

CR .158 MAY have introduced a bug in relation to these settings.

If it happens again, I'll report back.

**** EDIT ****

Nope, just happened again. I was able to sort a lot more issues tho... But there's still a problem.

I've also tried a fresh CR install and moving my install to another drive. Neither worked.

I've also checked all my drives for errors. Not sure what to try next :(

Re: CR .158: Comic Rack has stopped Responding... (Loading new pages?) 4 years 11 months ago #28537

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
Is your machine overclocked?
Does it happen with specific comics?
AccessViolation always means there is something wrong deep down.
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by cYo.

Re: CR .158: Comic Rack has stopped Responding... (Loading new pages?) 4 years 11 months ago #28557

• Casublett
  • Gold Boarder
Nope, and VERY sturdy in every other area. Also, CR has always been rock solid for me, it started with .158. I'm actually thinking of going back to .157 :(

No, just randomly.

I never crash or have any others problem with anything. :(

Re: CR .158: Comic Rack has stopped Responding... (Loading new pages?) 4 years 11 months ago #28586

• Casublett
  • Gold Boarder
Ok, so I downgraded to .157 late last night and have had zero problems.

While it might be unique to the dynamics of my hardware/software installed, I'm wagering that .158 introduced a genuine bug that my setup reveals. I guess is it's related to the fast scrolling hang fix, but that's just speculation.

If .157 exhibits the issues that .158 did, I'll report back.

Re: CR .158: Comic Rack has stopped Responding... (Loading new pages?) 4 years 11 months ago #28695

• Casublett
  • Gold Boarder
.158 still does this while a few days use of .157 has been rock solid and never crashed in this manner.

I want to reiterate that it seems to be either in relation to loading new books/pages OR archive (crz/cbr) related as I've seen a few wonky things with archives with .158.

Example: I open a book and the cover page loads fine, but if I go to the "Pages" tab, the cover will show as a giant red "X" that is fine AFTER a page refresh.

Forgot to add, this is a hard/fast crash, with no option but to force close. In other words, it can corrupt things if it happens while autosaving.

Re: CR .158: Comic Rack has stopped Responding... (Loading new pages?) 4 years 11 months ago #28772

• Casublett
  • Gold Boarder
I'm not updating this to be a pest, but in the hope to be helpful if others start reporting this crash.

.159 crashes just like .158 while .157 continues to be rock solid.
Time to create page: 0.446 seconds

Who's Online

We have 260 guests and 2 members online