Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack bugs to get them squashed

TOPIC: Can't Open Comics After the First Book in the Same Session with Windows Explorer

Can't Open Comics After the First Book in the Same Session with Windows Explorer 4 years 4 months ago #34003

• TetsuRyu
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if this feature was intended to be removed, but after opening a cbr in Windows Explorer, while ComicRack is still running, I cannot open another comic (even if I close the open comic tab) unless I close the program.

The only way I can read another comic now with the program still running is using the in program browser. I used to be able to open as many comics as I wanted with windows explorer, really miss this feature, its just alot easier.
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by TetsuRyu.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Problems Opening Comics in Windows Explorer after Reading the First Book 4 years 4 months ago #34016

• wojosama
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 45
Well it definitely wasn't removed. I just tested it and its working for me. I opened 5 comics in a row from explorer into CR with no problem. I also tried opening one, then closing it, then opening another, and that worked fine as well.

Hopefully someone else can provide some helpful info regarding this. Regardless, I just wanted to let you know that it wasn't removed, and it is working, at least for me. I'm still trying to reproduce your issue, but thus far it's all working as normal. I'll keep trying different things until I run out of ideas or someone else weighs in on it.

Re: Problems Opening Comics in Windows Explorer after Reading the First Book 4 years 4 months ago #34339

• TetsuRyu
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm really frustrated right now. I've clean installed the latest ComicRack so many times. The fresh install will work as normal, but after a few hours or so this starts happening again. I'm a donator btw, never had this problem before until the most recent versions.

I've even tried updating my graphics drivers, no luck. Is there something I should be updating? Windows update shows no updates for C++ or .NET Framework 4 (I have version 4.0.30319 installed).

Can ComicRack work with .NET Framework 4.5? Thinking of uninstalling 4.0 and trying 4.5
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by TetsuRyu.

Re: Problems Opening Comics in Windows Explorer after Reading the First Book 4 years 4 months ago #34342

• Madmatx
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
TetsuRyu wrote:
Windows update shows no updates for C++ or .NET Framework 4 (I have version 4.0.30319 installed).

Can ComicRack work with .NET Framework 4.5? Thinking of uninstalling 4.0 and trying 4.5

I'm using the same .NET version as you on Windows 7 and it works fine for me, in fact I didn't even know there was a 4.5 version out.

Does comicrack become unresponsive or it just only lets you open one comic per session? Do the comics still get highlighted when you mouse over them or select them but they just wont open? I'm guessing you already rules out cpu or memory issues.

Before you do anything drastic to your computer I'd suggest making a backup of your Config.xml from the appdata/roaming folder and then (with comicrack off) delete that file and start up comicrack and see if that helps, if nothing else you can just re-add the backup if that didn't solve it.

Re: Problems Opening Comics in Windows Explorer after Reading the First Book 4 years 4 months ago #34345

• TetsuRyu
  • Fresh Boarder
Just tried deleting the config.xml. No luck :(

I tried Net Framework 4.5, comicrack will run with it, but this doesn't fix the issue. Is there a way I can view an error log for the program? This last attempt, I uninstalled, clean install comicrack, left almost all settings default. Program ran fine, until I restarted and then tried a few hours later.

@Madmatx, the program is not unresponsive, its just that when the program is running (whether I have a comic open or not) I cannot open up another or next comic using Windows Explorer. I have to close the program each time.

Re: Problems Opening Comics in Windows Explorer after Reading the First Book 4 years 2 months ago #35592

• TetsuRyu
  • Fresh Boarder
Okay so after a few weeks of a normal "experience" with ComicRack, these issues are back. About 2 months ago, I switched from Windows 7 x64 (when I had this problem originally), and decided to clean install to Windows 8 x64.

All was well until recently, and I can again not open more comics after the first one in the same session through Windows Explorer. I should note that opening additional comics through Ctrl+O still works, just not through explorer. So I experimented and attempted to disable/uninstall some programs. I uninstalled Microsoft Silverlight, because I had a feeling this started to happen when installed it back on Win 7, but it didn't help.

So then I tried disabling one at a time, and then both at at time, Rainlendar and Rainmeter, and it seemed to work for awhile, but after a restart same problem.

Can someone tell me if they know any programs/services that may cause a conflict with ComicRack? What are the startup services it depends on? I have been noticing that with one comic open, memory usage is around 400 MB +
Attachments:
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by TetsuRyu. Reason: Added Installed Programs

Re: Problems Opening Comics in Windows Explorer after Reading the First Book 1 year 2 months ago #45930

• Nocturnal
  • Fresh Boarder
I don't mean to necro this post but I'm having the same exact problem. The weird thing is I have two computers, one at my office and one at home with almost the same setup, same set of software, same OS, etc. and one cannot open multiple books via Windows Explorer but the other one can. Not sure what else I can check, can anyone point me in the right direction?
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Who's Online

We have 240 guests and 6 members online