Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack bugs to get them squashed

TOPIC: LoadLibrary failed with error 87: The parameter is incorrect. with Windows 8.1

LoadLibrary failed with error 87: The parameter is incorrect. with Windows 8.1 4 years 3 months ago #35022

Basically I had no problems with the program until I upgraded from Windows 8 to 8.1 Preview. Now whenever I try to open it, the startup popup thing goes all the way to "Opening Database" and then freezes and the titular error pops up.

I tried reinstalling it and it still doesn't work.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: LoadLibrary failed with error 87: The parameter is incorrect. with Windows 8.1 4 years 3 months ago #35025

• dcburtonjr
  • Fresh Boarder
I don't have an answer for you, just a question. I'm trying to download comicrack to my Windows 8 laptop. But it's not downloading, or I can't find it. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Re: LoadLibrary failed with error 87: The parameter is incorrect. with Windows 8.1 4 years 3 months ago #35031

• Madmatx
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
I'm planning on skipping Win 8 due to the every_other_release_curse but does it have a compatibility option? Maybe check that and see if it can run that way until an update comes that fixes it.

cYo can fill you in if he's got the time but I kind of remember people having issues when Win 8 first came out so it might have kinks with newer versions.

Re: LoadLibrary failed with error 87: The parameter is incorrect. with Windows 8.1 4 years 3 months ago #35037

dcburtonjr wrote:
I don't have an answer for you, just a question. I'm trying to download comicrack to my Windows 8 laptop. But it's not downloading, or I can't find it. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

I assume you've checked your Downloads folder? I never had any trouble installing comicrack, even on Windows 8 so my recommendation would be to simply look for it/do a search.
Madmatx wrote:
I'm planning on skipping Win 8 due to the every_other_release_curse but does it have a compatibility option? Maybe check that and see if it can run that way until an update comes that fixes it.

cYo can fill you in if he's got the time but I kind of remember people having issues when Win 8 first came out so it might have kinks with newer versions.

That's interesting because I upgraded pretty early on and never once had an issue until 8.1 a couple of days ago.

Anyway, I tried running in compatibility mode (Win 8 and Win 7) and even as an administrator. I tried uninstalling it and deleting everything left. Nothing seems to work.

Re: LoadLibrary failed with error 87: The parameter is incorrect. with Windows 8.1 4 years 3 months ago #35044

• dcburtonjr
  • Fresh Boarder
I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. I clicked on the big green DOWNLOAD button instead of the proper unobtrusive setup button at the bottom of the list. Now all I have to do is figure out how it all works.
Thanks.
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by dcburtonjr. Reason: extra letters

Re: LoadLibrary failed with error 87: The parameter is incorrect. with Windows 8.1 4 years 3 months ago #35063

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
Anything new?
As this is still a preview version (aka beta), I'm not investigating this for now.

Re: LoadLibrary failed with error 87: The parameter is incorrect. with Windows 8.1 4 years 3 months ago #35076

It turns out there was just a problem with my Win 8.1 installation. My computer shut down mid-installation without me realizing. Having now reinstalled the OS, Comicrack works just fine.

Re: LoadLibrary failed with error 87: The parameter is incorrect. with Windows 8.1 4 years 1 month ago #36180

• Corinos
  • Fresh Boarder
This is the fix that I found. Yes it says a different code number, but it worked for me.

servicecore.info/2012/09/how-to-fix-load...-on-windows-systems/
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Who's Online

We have 256 guests and one member online