Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack bugs to get them squashed

TOPIC: Pages staying black on viewing - disk/memory cache bug

Pages staying black on viewing - disk/memory cache bug 4 years 1 month ago #37358

• catweazle
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi there!

I would like to get some help with a quite annoying bug / problem...

Ive mentioned that already in the "comic rack crashes & red X"-Thread but I wanted to start a seperated one:

Very often, regardless of which cbr/cbz I open, regardless of which size the pages are, the pages are not showing up after turning them. Trying then to look at the thumbnails of the comics often then shows up the pages as crossed ones (with the white cross placeholder).
Closin g and open that comic doesn't help

As I'm looking then at "Settings-Disk cache" I see that it is running at it's boundaries. Disk Cache had been set to 500 MB Size and right now inside the brackets on the right side is written for example (278/499,49 MB) and for Memory Cache set to 50 (optimized) is written inside brackets (50/755 MB).
Comicrack doesn't seem to clear that on itself and as long as that boundary is reached no more comicpage is being showed - the only way is manually clearing by clicking on the button inside settings for deleting disk cache and (maybe) starting CR over. At least I have to reopen the comic and then pages are being showed up till reaching boundaries again ... :(

Same happens if reaching the maxpagecount for memory cache... reaching that results in the same problem but at this point I have to close CR completely to clear cache

That's quite annoying as that behaviour since a lot versions of CR. I'm running CR on w7-32bit. Memory usage isn't limited inside CR-settings and task manager reports CR using ~1GB Ram.

please help...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Pages staying black on viewing - disk/memory cache bug 4 years 3 weeks ago #37432

• catweazle
  • Fresh Boarder
noone has an idea how to solve that?

is it, maybe, possible to start an external viewing application instead of the internal viewer?

thanks in advance.

Re: Pages staying black on viewing - disk/memory cache bug 3 years 11 months ago #37718

• catweazle
  • Fresh Boarder
noone with an idea? :(
Time to create page: 0.332 seconds

Who's Online

We have 245 guests and 2 members online