Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack bugs to get them squashed

TOPIC: Remote Desktop and ComicRack Freezes

Remote Desktop and ComicRack Freezes 3 years 11 months ago #37571

Alright. This is something that has begun to annoy the ever lovin' $#!% out of me... Apparently, when using Remote Desktop from any other device (android tablet, another windows computer, etc) and attempting to organize comics with CR for Windows, something goes haywire and completely freezes the display to the device connected via RDP. This tends to typically happen when dragging-and-dropping comics from one location to another, or from the library or one reading list to another reading list. Moving Reading Lists up or down by dragging and dropping seems to be alright though.

The only way to fix it SEEMS to be to log into the computer ComicRack is actually installed on, and cancelling the right-click-drag action.

I beg that this bug be fixed so I can continue organizing my stuff remotely, since it's on a "server" (Windows 8 Pro OS) and I almost never have a display attached.

Thanks! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help in this endeavor!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Remote Desktop and ComicRack Freezes 3 years 11 months ago #37574

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 109
I can confirm this, under 8.1. I'm not sure this is so much comicrack's fault rather than windows 8's rdp protocol. This happens less often if i disable hw acceleration under preferences in comicrack, but i think i still got it (this is incredibly annoying).

Even if not comicrack's fault, if someone has a working way around this, please post it.

fK

Re: Remote Desktop and ComicRack Freezes 3 years 11 months ago #37579

• khaoohs
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I have the same issue with RDPing into Windows server 2012, where CRW is installed, from a Linux client. Thank you for validating this happens from a Windows client as well, I was thinking it was a fault of the RDP client I was using.

Remote Desktop and ComicRack Freezes 3 years 5 months ago #39324

No sort of progress or potential fix for this? Sadness. Such a great program otherwise!

Remote Desktop and ComicRack Freezes 1 year 8 months ago #45111

• Maltavius
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm sorry to Necro this thread, but it's the only one I could find about the Remote-desktop freezing.
It's still a problem.

Sometimes you can solve it by right-clicking again but not always and then it's a real pain.

It can happen when you click and drag on any object in the interface, even if you normaly can't move that object.

Remote Desktop and ComicRack Freezes 1 year 7 months ago #45276

• El Guapo
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Well just in case anyone else comes here, have you tried other applications? such as
Chrome remote desktop
TeamViewer
Splashtop
RealVNC
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Who's Online

We have 268 guests and 5 members online