Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack bugs to get them squashed

TOPIC: Can't upgrade scripts without uninstalling and reinstalling them

Can't upgrade scripts without uninstalling and reinstalling them 3 years 7 months ago #38391

• duckpuppy
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I've had this problem forever, which causes me to not upgrade scripts often. Every time I upgrade a script, ComicRack warns me that there's an existing script with the same name and asks if I want to overwrite it. I say yes, and I'm prompted to restart. When I restart, the Preferences/Scripts panel still has an entry for the script, but with the default "package" icon regardless of whether the plugin has it's own icon or not and the script itself is not active. The only way I've found to fix the issue is to uninstall the script and reinstall it. In some cases, like the ComicVine scraper or Data Manager plugin, that's really annoying since I have to re-enter (or copy to the clipboard and paste back in later if that's available) the settings. I've tried using the "Install..." button on the Scripts panel, and double-clicking the crplugin file. The only time I've ever had it work without issue is when I double-click the crplugin file and ComicRack is NOT currently running, but I'm not sure if that was a fluke.

Does anyone else have issues upgrading scripts, or is it just me?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can't upgrade scripts without uninstalling and reinstalling them 3 years 7 months ago #38395

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 503
Yes, I have this exact problem too. Have had it for years, but I thought it was just a result of a funny setup on my development machine, because no one else seems run into this.

I've noticed it occurs (with Comic Vine Scraper, at least) if you try to update the plugin after running it. It seems like you need to restart ComicRack and then update the plugin. When I do that, I never lose my settings.

Can't upgrade scripts without uninstalling and reinstalling them 3 years 7 months ago #38399

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
Currently there's a bug when the script has been run once.
Safe way to upgrade is start ComicRack and upgrade without invoking the script. I'll look into the problem.
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Who's Online

We have 169 guests and 5 members online