Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack bugs to get them squashed

TOPIC: No Duplicates Bug

No Duplicates Bug 3 years 6 months ago #39221

• actioncomics
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Not sure if this is a bug or if it was designed this way. I have 2 books in my collection that are exactly the same except one has a format listed as Weekly the other does not. even tho these books are the same they do not show in the duplicates view. if i remove the "Weekly" format then they show up in the duplicates view.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

No Duplicates Bug 3 years 6 months ago #39237

• boshuda
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Pretty sure that is by design.

It can be frustrating, to be sure. I removed (most) of those types of duplicates by stripping the format off of the books, checking for duplicates, then running Data Manager on my entire collection. Now I run Data Manager as part of every scrape (per The Organizer tutorial thread on here) and I rarely have that problem. It usually crops up when a book has a year guessed from the file name, but the original doesn't. This happens so infrequently that I now manually compare those and it forces me to manually check/clean up series in a semi-random fashion.

I have a notion of creating a script to create a duplicates list based on CVDB entries, but I fear the running time would be astronomical. Maybe if it first sorted by CVDB series, then only compared the entries in each series to one another, that could help. :unsure: It might also keep a sorted list of all cvdb entries, then compare all new scrapes to it for future speediness. I lack the time to properly implement one. If someone else has created one and is keeping it secret please release it into the wild.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds

Who's Online

We have 329 guests and 4 members online