Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack bugs to get them squashed

TOPIC: Automation Hotkeys Do Not Always Fire

Automation Hotkeys Do Not Always Fire 3 years 5 months ago #39420

I have just finished creating a couple of custom plug-ins for my use in the Automation menu.
The first 12 slots of the Automation menu have hotkeys assigned Ctrl+Shift+F1 through Ctrl+Shift+F12.

However when trying to use these hotkeys, I have noticed that they only fire if the ItemView(?) control has focus. If another part of the program has focus - like the Smart lists or the toolbar - then these automation hot keys are ignored. The "normal" program hot keys such as edit (F2) or Comic Info (Ctrl-I) seem to fire no matter what the context.

It would be REALLY nice if the Automation hotkeys worked correctly. From the keyboard, I can't figure out how to give the ItemView control focus. I have to use the mouse cursor. And once I have my hand on the mouse, what is the point of a hotkey?

A couple of notes:
1) I am using the ItemView control to indicate the control that lists all of the comics in a columned view. If my terminology is incorrect please let me know.

2) Also, if anyone else is reading this post -- I figured out how to move my plugins higher in the Automation list (so that they were assigned a hot key) by renaming my new plugin directories so that they are alphabetically before some of the other plugins.

As always a big thank you to everyone associated with this project. ComicRack is a GREAT program with a GREAT user community.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Automation Hotkeys Do Not Always Fire 3 years 5 months ago #39438

• fieldhouse
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Same here. Probably a separate issue but focus flips around when a library rescan is running as new books are added so you have to be quick with the keyboard / mouse if you want to use a hotkey during a rescan.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds

Who's Online

We have 337 guests and 2 members online