Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack bugs to get them squashed

TOPIC: Syncing with CRA changes order of books in lists

Syncing with CRA changes order of books in lists 3 years 2 months ago #40394

• orianth
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
update: I started using wifi sync, and not a problem at all. Leads me to believe it could be something to do with syncing by USB, or the MTP mode my tablet (Nexus 7) uses for USB access.

---

*this is prior to testing with 0.9.176. i will need to read some books first before seeing if the problem is fixed*

Been having some trouble lately with syncing to my tablet running CRA, where books I read on the tablet and which are unread (and therefore marked as read) on CRW will be shuffled out of order in both Regular and Smart lists. I currently use and sync a large combination of different types of lists:
  • Regular lists
  • Smart lists
  • the contents of a folder containing Regular or Smart lists
  • 'shortcut'/'alias' Smart lists which mirror another list, used for referencing elsewhere, and usually contained in above folders (eg. I keep Marvel event lists on their own, and reference them using the shortcut list in my Avengers synced folder)

The actual issue is that after I sync, the read books are completely randomized in the all the lists they are present in. I sort by position usually, mostly Regular lists are affected, and the Position is temporarily randomized until I refresh the list(s) and anything that contains them.
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by orianth.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Syncing with CRA changes order of books in lists 3 years 2 weeks ago #41021

• orianth
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Just want to give an update, since I have not synced for a while prior to today. I have been experiencing books out of Position order again, after a sync.

To summarize this again, it is comics which have their data altered during a sync (typically just the Read Percentage), that are placed out of their Position order in a Sort by Position list. Position values remain the same, but are listed in a non-Position order.

Is it possible to revert the Position order of books changed during a sync operation, by mass refreshing lists after a sync?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds

Who's Online

We have 266 guests and 5 members online