Welcome, Guest
Submit ComicRack bugs to get them squashed

TOPIC: Upon any edit Comic Rack "Loses" Comic

Upon any edit Comic Rack "Loses" Comic 6 months 2 weeks ago #46905

• Corwin
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello,

Recently Comic Rack has been "losing" and auto deleting comics whenever any changes are made to files.

After editing any data in a file (using Data Manager or Library Organizer or converting to CBZ ) the cover icon turns red with the white "X" then the files gets deleted. I believe the deletion is from having my scanning setting to "Automatically remove missing files from Library during Scan" but does anyone know what's causing the files to go missing?

Sometimes even manual changes such as adjusting the series name will cause it...I'm can't figure it out.

If there is any log files you need me to upload let me know where to find them.
Thanks.
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by Corwin.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Upon any edit Comic Rack "Loses" Comic 6 months 2 weeks ago #46908

• Corwin
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I have tried uninstalling all the plug ins- didn't work
I have tried reverting to an old database and config file- didn't work

Then I tried a fresh install of Comic Rack. Things were good until I turned on "Allow Writing of Book Info Into File".
Then I started getting the error again.

Upon any edit Comic Rack "Loses" Comic 3 weeks 3 days ago #48049

• pweasel
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
"Automatically remove missing files from Library during Scan"

that's a no-no option for me, nor the scanning of the library folder. I only scan the Downloads folder then move the scrapped comics to the library with the Library Organizer plugin.

"Allow Writing of Book Info Into File" is another NO-NO, use the xml or any of both the database options available.
CRW 0.9.178 x64 on Win10
CRA 1.80 on Nexus 10

Upon any edit Comic Rack "Loses" Comic 3 weeks 3 days ago #48050

• krandor
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
I ran into this issue just recently.

First the best news. Your comics are not gone. When CR goes to write data to the file, it makes a copy to modify, then deletes the original and moves the copy back. This bug is failing at the copy back state. The modified copies are still there. You will find them at C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\ComicRack\Scripts.

As to why that is a question. For me I was thinking permission isssue deleting to copied files so went into the virtualstore directory above and it was marked read only so I unchecked read only and for good measure added an Everybody/Full control permissions. Haven't seen the issue since then. Other people have reported success doing an uninstall and reinstall of CRW. So those are two things to try to fix the issue.
Time to create page: 0.349 seconds

Who's Online

We have 252 guests and 3 members online