Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack
  • Page:

TOPIC: [Script Request] Barcode Scanner

Re:[Script Request] Barcode Scanner 7 years 2 weeks ago #10328

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
I jump in to remind an old idea of mine... for scanned comics, we already have the barcode in many of them, so that they could be automatically read without a bar scanner.

Also, any webcam works as a bar scanner...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:[Script Request] Barcode Scanner 7 years 2 weeks ago #10358

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 267
Here you go. Version 0.1 of New Comic via barcode. Find it in the file menu.

Notes:
It queries Google Base so not every issue can be found.
Issue numbers are added when present in barcode.
Publishers for several companies are added when possible. (DC Comics, Marvel Comics, Dark Horse, Boom! Studios) Thanks RevQuixo for explaining it to me!
Thats all the information that gets added. You'll have to use the ComicVine Scraper to get the rest.

I don't actually have a barcode scanner so I've just been typing in numbers to test it. I don't think there should be any issues though.

Please let me know if there are any issues or suggestions.

File Attachment:

File Name: NewComicvi...crplugin
File Size:95 KB

Re:[Script Request] Barcode Scanner 7 years 2 weeks ago #10361

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
:woohoo: Excellent...!! +1 karma as soon as it lets me..

I never thought this was going to be possible till I saw these:

I feel this would fit in very nicely with cYo's plans of expanding features for paper comics..
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re:[Script Request] Barcode Scanner 6 years 5 days ago #17340

• roswell108
  • Fresh Boarder
I am a new user to ComicRack, which I recently downloaded to complement the Android version, after hearing about the new release. I believe I had stumbled across this post a while back when doing research for the app I was writing to fix an issue with Clz Comics Android software and the inability to scan items to make sure I didn't have them. While trying to fix that, I have developed an Android barcode scanner that specifically returns the EAN-5 numbers. Perhaps I should be looking into something like this to make use of all that wasted effort.
A script like this would be amazingly useful for me to replace the Collectorz software, as I find myself more frustrated with with it than impressed. It also seems that every other day someone is saying "contact support" or telling me to do things a way that is only available on a different OS. On top of that, Mac is currently version 5.1.3 and does not include the current Windows version (5.1.2) features.
The +x to most barcode scanners gets categorized as either 2 (issue number) or 5 (price), but with comic books the five digit number contains the issue number. Google should return the results, but all you really need is any search engine to give you the title and issue and then relay that on to comicvine automagically. I hear the free Android "Barcode Scanner" can scan the stuff and even export the info to load into the computer. Just throwing out some feedback.

Re: [Script Request] Barcode Scanner 4 years 6 months ago #31398

• sfdsdfwewe
  • Fresh Boarder
As for barcode solution, I can share a good site with you all. You can find many useful barcode passages and barcode readers or generators there. I found it on Google when I wanted to create some barcodes in Java Class. It made me happy that the created barcode images in Java can be easily set. It also has various barcode readers, like Java barcode reader, barcode reader for iPhone, etc.

Re: [Script Request] Barcode Scanner 4 years 3 weeks ago #36845

• cindy313
  • Fresh Boarder
maybe you can find the clue from some resources about barcode reader by searching on the internet.

Re: [Script Request] Barcode Scanner 4 years 3 weeks ago #36856

• ackbarr
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 52
If you are looking for something that could be accessed via python script, I'd suggest the python-zxing wrapper:

github.com/oostendo/python-zxing

I've used the zxing library in android and windows apps with much success, but I've never had the opportunity to use it in python yet.

Re: [Script Request] Barcode Scanner 4 years 3 weeks ago #36870

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
Getting barcodes to work would really be great.

Re: [Script Request] Barcode Scanner 3 years 10 months ago #37613

• cindy313
  • Fresh Boarder
arronlee wrote:
Hi, sfdsdfwewe.
I want to find a
Code 93 Barcode Scanner. I do not believe that the free tools online have so many professional functions as the paid ones. Do you have any tips? Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Good luck.

Best regards,
Arron
er..this is hard to say !
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds

Who's Online

We have 241 guests and 7 members online