Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: [Script Request] - New Comic Book Pullist

[Script Request] - New Comic Book Pullist 7 years 2 months ago #10339

• kenjio
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 127
Hey guys, nice to be back :laugh:

My god, so many new things have happened in the last 6 weeks... I'm blown away :P

I'd like to request, if at all possible, a script that will pull the ComicVine new comic book list (found at feeds.feedburner.com/NewComicBooks) - and include, if possible, the option to create a fileless comic from the info.

I know there is a script out there that does something almost identical (comicrack.cyolito.com/user-forum/32-news...ic-releases-06061062), so it might just be a case of changing the RSS source?
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: [Script Request] - New Comic Book Pullist 7 years 2 months ago #10340

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
:unsure: What if we get an option to change the RSS feed in the script ? We can then add any feed and the weekly comics releases will pull from there. If the script is specific for the comiclist RSS, then it won't be possible.

Let us wait for Stonepaw's response..
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: [Script Request] - New Comic Book Pullist 7 years 2 months ago #10344

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 268
600WPMPO wrote:
:unsure: What if we get an option to change the RSS feed in the script ? We can then add any feed and the weekly comics releases will pull from there. If the script is specific for the comiclist RSS, then it won't be possible.

Let us wait for Stonepaw's response..
The script is specific for the current RSS. I had to write a parser to extract the relevant info from that specific feed. In order to use a different feed a separate parser has to be written. I can write it but unfortunately the script is not set up to easily choose a different feed.

Another problem kenjio, is that the feed you linked to is not organized by week which is how the Weekly releases script organizes things. Instead each comic is a separate entry instead of each week as an entry with a list of comics. I'd have to rethink how the script works if I want to include both feeds.

I'll see what I can do once I've finished the Barcode scanner script and get some more free time. Any suggestions on how (UI wise) to incorporate both feeds are welcome. Otherwise I can just modify it as a separate script.

Re: [Script Request] - New Comic Book Pullist 7 years 2 months ago #10349

• kenjio
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 127
Wow, that sounds like a hell of a lot of work.

At the moment I have the feed in Google Reader, and "Star" the items I will need to fetch later.

This gives me a rough idea what comics I need to get each week, as well as help discover some new series that are starting.
Attachments:
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!
Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by kenjio.

Re: [Script Request] - New Comic Book Pullist 7 years 2 months ago #10351

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
kenjio wrote:
At the moment I have the feed in Google Reader, and "Star" the items I will need to fetch later.

I feel that an even better option is using firefox with the feedly extension (integrated with your google reader)

@Stonepaw: Just give me some time to make a UI mock-up displaying both feeds incorporated
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by 600WPMPO.
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Who's Online

We have 226 guests and one member online