Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Reference Questions

Reference Questions 7 years 1 month ago #10580

• bugger
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I am trying to make some scripts but cant find the right reference's in the wiki.

How do you move a page to the end or beginning in python?

Is there a way to get resolution and color bit depth from a comic page image in python?

Is there a way to use check boxes in python?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Reference Questions 7 years 1 month ago #10581

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
The scripts use IronPython that use most of the .Net capabilities in Windows... This should help you with the two last questions. Regarding the first, I do not think CR provides any method to just move around pages, though I might be wrong.

My recommendation is that you download some of the scripts (like the Comicvine scraper) and have a detailed look at them so you can see how they work with .Net objects and methods.

Cheers! :laugh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bugger

Re: Reference Questions 7 years 1 month ago #10582

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 508
Yeah, when you're writing scripts for ComicRack, you're using IronPython, which is really two languages in one.

1) Python, but without any of the standard c python libraries, so lots of the usual python API is not available, though the core language features are all still there.

2) .NET. This is where you get all of your extended API (xml parsers, graphical and window components, file utilities, etc.)

I find the best way to think about it is that I'm programming with the .NET aPI, but I happen to be using python syntax to do it.

The IronPython cookbook is the place to get started with IronPython. When you're ready for advanced details, you can check out Dark Corners of IronPython.

And of course, you'll need some (or lots) of familiarity with .NET and Windows Forms. (There's lots of resources on the internet to help you with that.)
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by cbanack.

Re: Reference Questions 7 years 1 month ago #10596

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
I look into the move pages issue. There is of course an internal command to do this, but I do not know if it is usable from the "outside".
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Who's Online

We have 197 guests and 2 members online