Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: [REQUEST] Import tags from filename with friendly GUI

[REQUEST] Import tags from filename with friendly GUI 7 years 1 month ago #10684

• freMea
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi,

I know and appreciate the "Import tags from filename with regular expressions" script but I had an idea.

A script that parses filename to retrieve Tags and write them into a GUI that let users to check and possibly correct the tags value et its property.

The GUI content might look like:
"Check Box to include folder name" "combo box that let choose property for it (serie, Publisher, etc"

Line1."text field with retrieved tag value from filename" "combo box set with the matched Properties with ability to list all properties of eComic books as above"
Line2. and so on

btOK BtCancel

What do you think about it?
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by freMea.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: [REQUEST] Import tags from filename with friendly GUI 7 years 1 month ago #10685

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 508
Well, the problem of locating (and assigning meaning to) arbitrary bits and pieces of a file name is actually really hard when those filenames could follow pretty much any arbitrary format. That makes it pretty near impossible to design a user interface that can do what you're hoping for--it would have to have so many checkboxes and choices, it would probably be harder to learn than regular expressions are!

Until someone is willing to take up that challenge, my recommendation is that you use the "Import Tags from Filename with Regular Expressions" script, and post examples of your filenames to this forum if you need/want help constructing your regular expressions.

Re: [REQUEST] Import tags from filename with friendly GUI 7 years 1 month ago #10689

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
cbanack wrote:
..those filenames could follow pretty much any arbitrary format...
The standard file format at the DC++ network is this:
Series Volume Number (of total number) (no. of covers) (Year) (Scanner)
This is almost universal.. now, users change it manually (;) sometimes with the organize files & folders script, which, for the record, i don't use) or some other sites change with a lot of underscores.

The GUI can be initially set to this format, which is the most unaltered one out there..
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by 600WPMPO.

Re: [REQUEST] Import tags from filename with friendly GUI 7 years 1 month ago #10720

• Yellowbox
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
freMea wrote:
I know and appreciate the "Import tags from filename with regular expressions" script...
Thanks, guy. I know and appreciate you too.
freMea wrote:
What do you think about it?
I think it's a terrific idea, feel free give it a try. It's really not that hard to learn how -- the original script was my first and last Python excursion. It's rude and crude and certainly doesn't mesh well with the new hotness of ComicRack, but the fact that it's still around means that people still need such a thing. So rock it out, bro.
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Who's Online

We have 241 guests and one member online