Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: 2iPad (copy to iPad/iPhone: SyncDocs/ComicZeal, FTP, DropBox, WebDAV) v2.01

Re: 2iPad (copy and rename files to be used with SyncDocs and ComicZeal) 6 years 11 months ago #11516

• repan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
The main method from both 2iPad and Move eComics is called MoveFiles. This is not possible because all scripts are sharing the same namespace.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mizio66

Re: 2iPad (copy and rename files to be used with SyncDocs and ComicZeal) 6 years 11 months ago #11518

• mizio66
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Started reading comics at 4... and still counting!
  • Thank you received: 143
I see... renamed to MoveComics...

V 1.31 attached.

Thanks!

M

File Attachment:

File Name: 2Ipad_2011...crplugin
File Size:56 KB

Re: 2iPad (copy and rename files to be used with SyncDocs and ComicZeal) 6 years 11 months ago #11523

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Yes.. both 2iPad & Move eComics scripts are working fine now !

I can also confirm that this same problem exists with the Copy Series Title to Alternate Series and Copy Series to Title scripts.. only one of them could be used at one time..

Now, this settled, I am able to use the script a little bit..

The SyncDoc window opens & copies fine, but when i connect my iPod and click the Sync button, this message comes up..

What to do now ? :unsure:
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re: 2iPad (copy and rename files to be used with SyncDocs and ComicZeal) 6 years 11 months ago #11526

• mizio66
  • Platinum Boarder
Ciao 600,

this is not under my script's control anymore :-)

The script prepares SyncDocs to sync (really? :laugh:) with ComicZeal... do you have it installed?

If yes, then inside CZ there is an option to start synchronization and using that will automatically start synchronizing the comic(s) to CZ. At least on iPad !

If not... i really can't help.

The SyncDocs sw is a java script I have no control on though is open, so, maybe a nice soul could think of enhancing it for some other programs but CZ: I will be available to work on my script side to accomodate the news...
The SyncDocs capability is not native on iOS, so it has to be implemented on that side also. There are around some apps that use it for backups, import, etc.

Hope it is clear now !!

M

Re: 2iPad (copy and rename files to be used with SyncDocs and ComicZeal) 6 years 11 months ago #11646

• tahngarth
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for this script!

I'm actually using a modified version with my android tablet. I tend to have a lot of comics that should be in a specific order (right now the Blackest Night, all in order) but the order gets lost normally. I modified the name creation to have "%03d " %nExportCount at the beginning (export count is simply a for loop counter). Works great!

Re: 2iPad (copy and rename files to be used with SyncDocs and ComicZeal) 6 years 11 months ago #11648

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
mizio66 wrote:
The script prepares SyncDocs to sync with ComicZeal... do you have it installed?
If yes, then inside CZ there is an option to start synchronization and using that will automatically start synchronizing the comic(s) to CZ. At least on iPad !
I have ComicZeal installed on my iPod..
I couldn't find any Sync Option inside it.. :(

Can someone please help me out.. :unsure:
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: 2iPad (copy and rename files to be used with SyncDocs and ComicZeal) 6 years 11 months ago #11654

• mizio66
  • Platinum Boarder
Ciao,

the only suggestion I'd have is to check the SyncDocs site syncdocs.sourceforge.net/ for the FAQ or at ComicZeal www.bitolithic.com/ComicZeal/syncdocs/syncdocs.html...

Sorry for that !

Re: 2iPad (copy and rename files to be used with SyncDocs and ComicZeal) 6 years 11 months ago #11660

• Surfal666
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Bug Report - script fails to copy files that have a / (forward slash) in the Series or Title fields.

Very helpful otherwise. Investigating the java exception still, and I'll share when I figure it out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mizio66

Re: 2iPad (copy and rename files to be used with SyncDocs and ComicZeal) 6 years 11 months ago #11661

• mizio66
  • Platinum Boarder
Surfal666 wrote:
Bug Report - script fails to copy files that have a / (forward slash) in the Series or Title fields.

Very helpful otherwise. Investigating the java exception still, and I'll share when I figure it out.

Thanks Surfal. I will check since I think I know the problem.I removed already some of the character not accepted (maybe someone more skilled than I am could check if there is a method to avoid this) by the "translation" of a filename into a SyncDocs accepted string... using Unicode or special characters cause my script to add "u'" in front of the text written in SyncDocs: I know this is the way Python manages Unicode, but another solution would be appreciated !!

Will be back soon with a new fix.

Thanks again!

Re: 2iPad (copy and rename files to be used with SyncDocs and ComicZeal) 6 years 11 months ago #11664

• Surfal666
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Take a look at stackoverflow.com/questions/295135/turn-...d-filename-in-python for help with cleaning the file names. The whitelist approach with some code lifted from comment #9 would probably do the trick.

The java exception is a subprocess timeout. Notice that os.system is a blocking function (you can't click back into the main comicrack app until after the exception fires). Try invoking syncdocs with os.spawn or even better Popen. (See 17.1.3.4 on docs.python.org/library/subprocess.html#subprocess-replacements and really you can just throw away the pid.)
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Who's Online

We have 272 guests and one member online