Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: 2iPad (copy to iPad/iPhone: SyncDocs/ComicZeal, FTP, DropBox, WebDAV) v2.01

issue with script not running 6 years 7 months ago #12779

• headstone1734
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
hi all,

Just got comicrack installed and working (great program by the way) and wanted to use this script to copy my comics to my ipad.

The script seems to be installed (version 1.5) as it is in the taskbar and under automation, but when i run it i get the following error :

Execution of script failed : 'ScopeStorage' object has no attribute 'MoveComics'

I also could not find a way to set up the default folder it should send the comics to so that syncdocs will pick it up.

Any ideas?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mizio66

Re: issue with script not running 6 years 7 months ago #12780

• mizio66
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Started reading comics at 4... and still counting!
  • Thank you received: 143
Strange, this is more a circular reference (am i right?) i never encoutnered.

Did you try to unisntall and reinstall the script?

The folder used by syncdocs... you have to use syncdocs to decide... then just follow it. I ddi that way.
If you PM me your mail, i'll send you the manual. I uploaded it here, but didn't pass the revision yet.

Re: 2iPad (copy/rename to iPad/iPhone with SyncDocs and ComicZeal or FTP app) v1.5 6 years 7 months ago #12781

• headstone1734
  • Fresh Boarder
Yeah, i tried uninstalling and reinstalling as well as extracting the files and creating a directory in the comic rack script directory and same result each time.

PM sent with email address.

Thanks for the quick response.

Re: issue with script not running 6 years 7 months ago #12785

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
headstone1734 wrote:
The script seems to be installed (version 1.5) as it is in the taskbar and under automation, but when i run it i get the following error :

Execution of script failed : 'ScopeStorage' object has no attribute 'MoveComics'
I am having the same problem.

However, I would wish to add one thing. The very first time I run the script, I get this error:

Now, I cancel this and from here on, everytime I try to run the script, I get this error (the one mentioned above by headstone1734):

Hope this info helps in making this good script work for guys like us.. :unsure:

p.s. Thanks for the manual mizio! If you wish, I can add it to the first post as modified screenshots..
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: 2iPad (copy/rename to iPad/iPhone with SyncDocs and ComicZeal or FTP app) v1.5 6 years 7 months ago #12786

• headstone1734
  • Fresh Boarder
I reinstalled python 2.7 and the script and get the same errors as 600WPMPO.

Didn't notice the first box was different than the second.

Is it a Windows XP issue? I guess it shouldn't be since comic rack only runs on windows...

Re: 2iPad (copy/rename to iPad/iPhone with SyncDocs and ComicZeal or FTP app) v1.5 6 years 7 months ago #12787

• 600WPMPO
headstone1734 wrote:
Is it a Windows XP issue? I guess it shouldn't be since comic rack only runs on windows...
I don't think so, 'coz I use Windows 7 and still get the same error as you on XP..

Re: 2iPad (copy/rename to iPad/iPhone with SyncDocs and ComicZeal or FTP app) v1.5 6 years 7 months ago #12789

• 600WPMPO
While the iPad script is not working yet, I would like to ask a few queries to mizio & anyone who has used syncdocs successfully:

Where is the Add button in the ComicZeal app?

The website shows the Add button as this:

... while I see the Comic Zeal app like this:

Have I gone blind, or is there some confusion as to which app/version are we talking about? :unsure:

Second query: There is this text on the ComicZeal/SyncDocs site which says:
As long as your iPhone/iPod is on the same wi-fi network as the computer running SyncDocs they'll find each other.
If I don't have wi-fi functioning, will I be able to use sync docs? If I connect my iPod/iPad to my PC via the USB cable, can I use sync docs?

Any help is appreciated..

Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re: 2iPad (copy/rename to iPad/iPhone with SyncDocs and ComicZeal or FTP app) v1.5 6 years 7 months ago #12791

• mizio66
  • Platinum Boarder
Really strange... I use this regularly (I did it...) and never had that issue...
I probably would need some expertise from the guys here... anyone?

Re:SD and CZ... I have wifi, never tried via pure USB, but i think it won't work without both devices being on the same network... there is no ADD if i am not wrong, the manual way to use it is to drag-drop files from a folder to the window.
What my script is doing is to change in the background SD conf file, adding the references to the files the same way SD is doing when drag-dropping. Then, once SD runs, he will recognize the changes made in the conf file and use them. Once SD is running, launching CZ on the iDevice should show under "Featured" a button specifically for it. Clicking this, will open another window on the iDevice with the name of the connection... clicking that, will start the transfer...
Consider that i use W7. I tried to make the script platform independent,but can't test it on Linux or else. I am convinced there is something about my installations of IronPython... will try to play a bit with it to see if i can replicate the error.
Talk soon...

Re: 2iPad (copy/rename to iPad/iPhone with SyncDocs and ComicZeal or FTP app) v1.5 6 years 7 months ago #12793

• 600WPMPO
I have added Mizio's excellent guide on how to use the 2iPad script to the first post.

@mizio: as I don't have wi-fi currently, I won't be able to use syncdocs (and hence the script). Thanks for your work. All the best. Looking forward to more good scripts from you. I take your leave with a +1 karma to you for your efforts! :-)

Re: 2iPad (copy/rename to iPad/iPhone with SyncDocs and ComicZeal or FTP app) v1.5 6 years 6 months ago #12811

• mizio66
  • Platinum Boarder
Got some suggestions...

- verify you have the last version of CR
- unisntall old version of script
- restart CR
- install script again
- restart

Let me know...
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Who's Online

We have 178 guests and 4 members online