Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Scrape from Text - A script to get comic data from .CSV (NEW Version !!! 1.6)

Re: Scrape from Text - A script to get comic data from .CSV (NEW Version !!! 1.4) 6 years 1 month ago #16187

• luke_70it
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
mizio66 wrote:
For the Bonelli, passme here a site where you ahev all the information you need (should be a table hopefully...) and i'll see to help you.

Thank you!
For example I think I can use the wikipedia site for Zagor: it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albi_di_Zagor

I already have title metadata (using "tags from filename" script) and Year/month (using "autofill published date" script).
I need to add writer and penciler/inker, using the "Nr.Zagor" field.

Directly on Bonelli site (www.sergiobonellieditore.it/auto/alboris...10&numero=1&subnum=0) there is also plot for each comic, but there is a web page for each number and it's not in table format, so I think it's impossible to automatically generate an excel!

But first I need to succesfully run your script...

Thank you,
Luca
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Scrape from Text - A script to get comic data from .CSV (NEW Version !!! 1.4) 6 years 1 month ago #16188

• mizio66
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Started reading comics at 4... and still counting!
  • Thank you received: 143
Ciao Luca,

for signle pages, depends on how good you are in Excel and VBA... i got many data for Diabolik and others starting from single pages... or in alternative, you need to take your time and do a lot of copy paste :-)

I need to see the Bonelli's pages to see if a scraper would be possible. You can still try www.comics.org too (check if the data are there), i have a private scraper for that if you are interested.

Anyhow, i'll take a look later.

ciao,

M

Re: Scrape from Text - A script to get comic data from .CSV (NEW Version !!! 1.4) 6 years 1 month ago #16192

• mizio66
  • Platinum Boarder
Ok,let's start with Zagor. I went to WP site... the "not so nice" thing about their site is that they have no web tables that coudl be imported in Excel directly... so you need copy paste.

Open a new excel sheet. then copy the rows/column of the WP tables, one for each year unfortunately... paste specail as text in Excel, so to have in the sheet something like this:
Nr. Zenith Nr.Zagor Titolo Mese di Pubblicazione Soggetto e Sceneggiatura Disegni
52 1 Zagor luglio Guido Nolitta Gallieno Ferri
53 2 Terrore agosto Nolitta/Ferri Ferri
54 3 L'oro del fiume settembre Ferri Ferri
55 4 Corvo Giallo ottobre Ferri Ferri
56 5 I due sosia novembre Ferri Ferri
57 6 La lancia spezzata dicembre Ferri/G.L. Bonelli Ferri

After that, start the scraper afetr selecting one of your Zagor comics in CR. Define the structure in teh form, clicking on each button as in the sequence above. So to say i woudl do:
tag;number;Title;skip;Writer;Pencil
For the date, you can build a new fiedl that have a real date, based on teh month and the year... up to you.

Click ok (define scrape by number or by title, as you prefer, in the form)...

Let me know if i am clear...

ciao

M
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by mizio66.

Re: Scrape from Text - A script to get comic data from .CSV (NEW Version !!! 1.4) 6 years 1 month ago #16227

• luke_70it
  • Senior Boarder
Thank you very much: it's perfectly clear!
I already tried to copy and paste to excel, but I didn't use the paste special option and it didn't worked, but now works fine.

Now I got the csv file, but since your script doesn't work for me, I can't insert infos :(
Did you manage to reproduce the problem? Do you think it's related to CR version 0.9.143?

Probably I need uninstall CR and all scripts and reinstall them from scratch, but I'm afraid to loose my db!

A little off-topic:
I've seen you have Diabolik on your library: how did you numbered the serie?
Diabolik use a Year/number numeration. Now I have consecutive numbers, but perhaps it's better to use a different numbering convention. Which method do you use?

Thank you for your support!
Luca

Re: Scrape from Text - A script to get comic data from .CSV (NEW Version !!! 1.5) 6 years 1 month ago #16229

• mizio66
  • Platinum Boarder
Let's try with...

Version 1.5 !!!

Just some small things changed, tested in a pristine XP machine... works for me...

Get it in the first post as usual.

Enjoy,

M
The following user(s) said Thank You: luke_70it

Re: Scrape from Text - A script to get comic data from .CSV (NEW Version !!! 1.4) 6 years 1 month ago #16230

• mizio66
  • Platinum Boarder
luke_70it wrote:
A little off-topic:
I've seen you have Diabolik on your library: how did you numbered the serie?
Diabolik use a Year/number numeration. Now I have consecutive numbers, but perhaps it's better to use a different numbering convention. Which method do you use?
Thank you for your support!
Luca

I use a modified DB with a sequencial numbering. find it here attached, use it with the Scrape from text.

ciao,

M
Attachments:
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by mizio66.

Re: Scrape from Text - A script to get comic data from .CSV (NEW Version !!! 1.5) 6 years 1 month ago #16231

• luke_70it
  • Senior Boarder
mizio66 wrote:
Let's try with...

Version 1.5 !!!

Good news is that this version works on my environment!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Bad news is that I cannot manage it to import tags :S

Here are my steps:
1) I put zagor.csv file on c:\scrapetxt folder
2) I right click on 1st number and selected Automation-->Scrapetxt
3) I inserted number;title;month;year;writer;penciller; in the first field
3) I inserted C:\scrapetxt in second field

When I click on "OK" button the error message "Scrape with missing: N.1" appears

I've attached my csv file

File Attachment:

File Name: Zagor.zip
File Size:9 KB

Thank you very much!
Luca

Re: Scrape from Text - A script to get comic data from .CSV (NEW Version !!! 1.5) 6 years 1 month ago #16232

• mizio66
  • Platinum Boarder
You miss the header row... just add a row at tope with some data like the header of the columns... it will work.

BTW, you picked #1, the only one not working !! any other number would have worked without header...
The following user(s) said Thank You: luke_70it

Re: Scrape from Text - A script to get comic data from .CSV (NEW Version !!! 1.5) 6 years 1 month ago #16235

• luke_70it
  • Senior Boarder
It Worked!!
Your script is fantastic for comics not present in comicvine or similar sites!

Thank you very much

Ciao
Luca

Re: Scrape from Text - A script to get comic data from .CSV (NEW Version !!! 1.5) 4 years 1 month ago #36505

• toface
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I'm sorry to revive an old post but I can't seem to be able to make this one work, and I'd really like to. I've tried with the latest version of ComicRack (maybe that's the problem...) and a very simple CSV file but the info isn't updated...

Any chance you could help me on that?

Thx in advance.
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Who's Online

We have 191 guests and 4 members online