Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Scrape from Text - A script to get comic data from .CSV (NEW Version !!! 1.6)

Re: Scrape from Text - A script to get comic data from .CSV (NEW Version !!! 1.5) 4 years 3 months ago #36508

• luke_70it
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
It's working for me with latest version.
If i remember correctly, you must have an header in the first line (i.e. number;series;year;month etc).
Maybe if you post your csv, I can help you.

Ciao
Luca
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Scrape from Text - A script to get comic data from .CSV (NEW Version !!! 1.5) 4 years 3 months ago #36510

• mizio66
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Started reading comics at 4... and still counting!
  • Thank you received: 143
Send me the csv as Luke did above...

Ciao,

M

Re: Scrape from Text - A script to get comic data from .CSV (NEW Version !!! 1.5) 4 years 3 months ago #36513

• toface
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for your quick answer.

Here is the file I'm using.

In the Scraptxt GUI, I specified "number;publisher;" as the columns I wanted to update.
I also chose the "Seek by Number" option.
The path I specified seems to be correct.
When I press OK, nothing happens, and when I check, the info for this book hasn't been update.

Any ideas?

Thx a lot.
Attachments:

Re: Scrape from Text - A script to get comic data from .CSV (NEW Version !!! 1.5) 4 years 3 months ago #36535

• luke_70it
  • Senior Boarder
It doesn't work for me either...
Your csv contains even lines with writers or pencillers/inkers instead of publisher, but even if i delete those lines (I tried with first 10 lines) it doesn't work.
I think only Mizio can help you... All my csv works fine!

Ciao
Luca

For Mizio: it will be great if you add day scraping (even for date"" field)... :D

Re: Scrape from Text - A script to get comic data from .CSV (NEW Version !!! 1.5) 4 years 3 months ago #36555

• toface
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for trying anyway. What version of Excel do you use for creating your csv?
Btw the sole purpose of my tests is to scrape the exact publication day of my comics. Are you saying it´s not possible with the current version?

Re: Scrape from Text - A script to get comic data from .CSV (NEW Version !!! 1.5) 4 years 3 months ago #36562

• luke_70it
  • Senior Boarder
toface wrote:
Thanks for trying anyway. What version of Excel do you use for creating your csv?
Btw the sole purpose of my tests is to scrape the exact publication day of my comics. Are you saying it´s not possible with the current version?

I'm using excel 2010.
With current version of scrape from txt is not possible to scrape published day because when Mizio wrote it ComicRack does not have a day field...

Ciao
Luca

Re: Scrape from Text - A script to get comic data from .CSV (NEW Version !!! 1.5) 4 years 3 months ago #36565

• luke_70it
  • Senior Boarder
Today I made a little more tests: if you add a title field to your csv file, it works fine.
Probably it is a required field, but only Mizio can confirm this.

Ciao
Luca

Re: Scrape from Text - A script to get comic data from .CSV (NEW Version !!! 1.5) 4 years 3 months ago #36579

• toface
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks a lot for your answer!

Now I have another problem... I tried to add the title column as you suggested, and now I get the following error message 'Datafile not found'. I don't understand as the file is in the same place as before...

Any clue?

Thanks again for your precious help.

Re: Scrape from Text - A script to get comic data from .CSV (NEW Version !!! 1.5) 4 years 3 months ago #36580

• luke_70it
  • Senior Boarder
Are you sure the file is named "Black Orchid.csv" (or have the exact name of the serie you want to scrape) and it is placed in the correct folder (you can change the folder in the last line of scrape window)?

Ciao
Luca

Re: Scrape from Text - A script to get comic data from .CSV (NEW Version !!! 1.5) 4 years 3 months ago #36695

• toface
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

Sorry for the delay. Yes the name and the path seem to be correct, I don't get it...

Any news on the publication day scraping front? I'm afraid I'll have to insert it manually for my entire collection if this script doesn't allow it. Unless there is another option I'm not aware of?

Anyway, as usual thanks for your help.
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds

Who's Online

We have 268 guests and 3 members online