Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014)

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 6 years 9 months ago #11603

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 267
NEW: Version 2.1.11
(Requires ComicRack version 0.9.161 or better)

Filling the request from this thread I present the Library Organizer script.

This is heavily based off off wadegiles's Guided eComic file renaming - full GUI script and uses much code from it. Credit goes to wadegiles for creating his script in the first place. However this script extends his to easily managing folders as well.

Included is four scripts:

Configure Library Organizer: This is the GUI only, it does not rename or change any of your book files. Find it in the File>Automation menu.

Library Organizer: This is the full script. It shows the GUI and then moves the selected files based on your reordering template.

Library Organizer (Quick): This script uses your last saved settings to quickly move the selected books.

Library Organizer - Undo last move This script undoes the last, and only the last, move operation you made this this script.

The GUI contains options to use or not use directories and to use or not use file renaming.

A live preview is shown when creating your template. This uses the data from the first book you selected, or in the Configure script it uses a random book from your library.

There is an option to replace empty data values with a default value. For example if Format is in your pattern and the book's format field is empty you can specify what to put in instead.

The script will attempt to clean up empty folders as best it can (now optional with excluded folders).

Download: Version 2.1.11
{quote]2.1.11
Added Rating, Community Rating and Custom Values
Added fields: Day, AddedDate, ReleasedDate, EndMonth and EndYear

(Requires ComicRack 0.9.161 or above)
Fixes non-integer numbers messing up the automatic padding feature.
Fixes an error when handling an error that occurs when moving files.
Restored default templates for new users.
Fixed saving empty illegal characters
Added automatic padding to number fields. (Use a padding of 0)
Fix for a small error when logging when a folder failed to be created.
Bugfix: Fixed error when the first letter field is typed manually into the template
Bugfix: Should no longer overwrite profiles on when updating.
New: Added a script for startup. Disabled by default. When enabled it will organize every book in the library on startup.
New: Added fields First Issue Number and Last Issue Number.

Any suggestions, comments and feature requests are welcome. Please post any problems you have. (now also a issue tracker on the bitbucket issue tracker)
Last Edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by Stonepaw. Reason: Added 2.1.11
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO, Alan Scott, Cartographer, doolittle, wintergreen, Isuldor, oraclexview, pcvii, RHFactor, lg5 and this user have 12 others thankyou

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 9 months ago #11604

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I am the first to thank you!... I guess this entitles me to ask for new features :P ...!

This is my suggestion: could it be possible to "move and rename" the covers for fileless comics as if they were normal comics (I guess this would require to identify the image file, rename & relocate it as the rest of the ecomics, and then link the original comic cover to this new file). This is in your TODO list, I just want to support that feature!

Thanks for the script, in any case!

BTW, I love the icon!!!
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by perezmu.

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 9 months ago #11606

• Havokdan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • I like bananas
Thanksssssssssssssssssssssss :laugh:

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 9 months ago #11613

• lg5
  • Junior Boarder
:woohoo:

please add an option to automatically rename duplicated ecomics

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 9 months ago #11617

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
:) This is excellent.. works flawless !!

+1 well-deserved karma flying on to you Stoney.. B)

By the way, for all those new to this, I would like to remind that scripts like these require an extremely well-maintained library with all the metadata filled in. So, please first run the ComicVine Scraper on your collection & then use this script.
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 9 months ago #11625

This looks great. I've always had to organize everything myself but it takes so much time. And now with comicrack I'm worried about renaming files or folders.

So it's possible with this to customize how you want the directory and filename to be? I like everything organized just by series folder, and filename with the title and volume.

My one concern though is that I like to keep One-Shots and 1 Volumes separate from series in their own subfolder. Is there a way I can still manage this?

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 9 months ago #11630

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
StarMasayume wrote:
My one concern though is that I like to keep One-Shots and 1 Volumes separate from series in their own subfolder. Is there a way I can still manage this?
Ideally, such an 'exclude' function ought to be in the script by default.. hopefully later updates will add this..

Till then, this is the workaround..

The library organizer sorts files that you select in the browser window. So, make a smart list that excludes the folders that you want to keep separate. Select all eComics in this smart list and run the library organizer. The One-Shots and 1 Volumes will be at their original places. You can now use the Move eComics script to move them as subfolders inside their respective series folders.

That's all I can think of.. maybe some one else will have a better solution.. :unsure:
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 9 months ago #11634

• doolittle
  • Fresh Boarder
Really pumped to see this in development. Big fan of the original. Thank'd and karma'd.
"i aim to misbehave."

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 9 months ago #11665

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
Great script Stonepaw! U beat me to the punch! Lol
I'm beginning to wondering if further development on my script is even still desired now that this it out and written so well. Let me know everyone.

Thanks 4 the excellent addition of numerous helpful tools my friend!

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 9 months ago #11697

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 267
Thanks everyone!

perezmu: I took a look but I couldn't find where ComicRack stores the file path for the fileless thumbnail images so I can't do that feature yet.

I do like the icon myself. I didn't make it but I'm pretty sure that I'm allowed to use it under the licence it is licensed under. Here is where I found it.

lg5: Automatic re-naming? As in: "file name (1).cbz"?

600WPMPO and StarMasayume: Exclude how? Exclude directories or based on metadata?

oraclexview: Thanks oraclexview! I only beat you because it was mostly done by the time I mentioned it in your thread. ;)

It's up to you if you want to continue developing it. I think it would be used by people who just want something to work without having to set up a naming template.

A feature I'm considering is saving multiple templates and settings as profiles. Thoughts anyone?
Time to create page: 0.301 seconds

Who's Online

We have 271 guests and 7 members online