Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014)

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 10 months ago #11698

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Stonepaw wrote:
A feature I'm considering is saving multiple templates and settings as profiles. Thoughts anyone?

+1 !!!!! :woohoo:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 10 months ago #11700

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Stonepaw wrote:
Exclude how? Exclude directories or based on metadata?
Both..

for example,when organizing entire libraries:
  • exclude folders named "Archives", "Unorganized", "0-day"
  • exclude folders that purposely contain a comic that has been published by different publishers over the years. e.g. Tank Girl (Dark Horse, Vertigo, IDW, Titan Books)
  • exclude files with genre "crossover"
I feel this would require a separate Exclude tab on its own to work properly..
Stonepaw wrote:
A feature I'm considering is saving multiple templates and settings as profiles. Thoughts anyone?
+1 from me too.. :)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 10 months ago #11714

Yeah what 600 said :)

Once I'm done importing and organizing my collection, I'm gonna give this a try. I'll just do what 600 said for now and make a smartlist excluding what I don't want organized the same way as everything else.

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 10 months ago #11716

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
@ Stonepaw - I've been trying this out, and I've been pretty pleased with it. I am having one problem so far, though. First these are the naming templates I'm using...

Directories: {<publisher>}\{<imprint>}\{<series>} {(<year>} {<format>)}

Files: {<series>}{ Vol.<Volume0>}{ #<number2>} ({<month>, }{<year>)}

I've been happy with oraclexview's method for naming, so I'm trying to emulate that here. These templates do that.

The problem I'm having is that if there is anything besides a number in the number tag, the script will create separate directories as a result. Here is an example: Modern Masters are numbered Vol. 1, Vol.2 and so on. Using oracle's script, all of these are sorted into one directory, Modern Masters (2003 Series), as it should be. When I run your script against these, I get Modern Masters (2003 Series), Modern Masters (2004 Series), Modern Masters (2005 Series) and so on. The files are placed by year rather than by volume. I also get this if the numbers contain Annual 01 and on from there. If you could fix this quickly, I think I'd otherwise trust the script, as I haven't had any others issues.

I would love to see the script have the ability to create smartlists so that I can have it deal with multiple drives. I have to sort my collection across three drives, and I have three smartlists that I use to sort the collection by publisher and certain large series. This means that I have to run oracle's script three separate times to sort new issues. It would be great if these three base directories and their rules could be set in the script so I could click one button and not worry that I've may have missed a step.

Thanks a ton for your work here. It's a worthy successor to oracle's great script, and if he did indeed pass the baton to you I'd have no complaints.
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 10 months ago #11721

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 268
Alan Scott wrote:
The problem I'm having is that if there is anything besides a number in the number tag, the script will create separate directories as a result. Here is an example: Modern Masters are numbered Vol. 1, Vol.2 and so on. Using oracle's script, all of these are sorted into one directory, Modern Masters (2003 Series), as it should be. When I run your script against these, I get Modern Masters (2003 Series), Modern Masters (2004 Series), Modern Masters (2005 Series) and so on. The files are placed by year rather than by volume. I also get this if the numbers contain Annual 01 and on from there. If you could fix this quickly, I think I'd otherwise trust the script, as I haven't had any others issues.
This is because this script doesn't have any way to figure out the start year as oraclexview's script does. I've been using the volume as ComicVine stores the start year there.

I suppose I can create a start year button that is calculated from the earliest year in your library.
I would love to see the script have the ability to create smartlists so that I can have it deal with multiple drives. I have to sort my collection across three drives, and I have three smartlists that I use to sort the collection by publisher and certain large series. This means that I have to run oracle's script three separate times to sort new issues. It would be great if these three base directories and their rules could be set in the script so I could click one button and not worry that I've may have missed a step.
I'm working on a profiles function so you can save multiple sets of rules and templates.

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 10 months ago #11724

• lg5
  • Junior Boarder
Stonepaw wrote:
lg5: Automatic re-naming? As in: "file name (1).cbz"?

Yep, exactly :cheer:

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 9 months ago #11800

Hey I'm all ready to try this thing out but maybe I'm missing something. I tweaked what settings I want in the configure section. And I see the two buttons for Library Organizer and Library Organizer (Quick) but when I click on them... well, nothing happens.

????

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 9 months ago #11801

• 600WPMPO
StarMasayume wrote:
..I see the two buttons for Library Organizer and Library Organizer (Quick) but when I click on them... well, nothing happens.
????
It appears to me that you have clicked the Library Organizer buttons without selecting any comic.

First select a few comics on which you wish to run the Library Organizer script. If you are happy with the result and want the script to be run on your entire library, you have to select all of them & then.. go girl, go !! B)

Tell me if this does / doesn't help..

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 9 months ago #11807

Awesome, that was the problem. I tried selecting reading lists but forgot to try individual comics.

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 9 months ago #11975

• 600WPMPO
Stonepaw wrote:
Any new updates Stonepaw?

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Who's Online

We have 145 guests and 4 members online