Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014)

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 8 months ago #12424

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 268
:blink:
It should work with:

(Match Any)

Publisher is not DC Comics (selects all comics with Publisher DC Comics)
Imprint is (empty box) (selects all comics where imprint is not empty)

You can look in the Directory tab in the sample path to see if it will work or not.

Edit: Looking back at your post it seems I misread it. You want to move comics where the imprint is empty?

In that case you would want:

Imprint is not (empty box) (should select all comics where the imprint is empty)
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Stonepaw.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 8 months ago #12425

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
Ok, it worked once I set it to match any, rather than match all. Thanks for your help.

May I ask if you might consider adding groups to your exclude rules, as in a smartlist? Also, is there any chance that there could be a setting that would allow the plugin to run one profile after another in sequence, so that it could have one-click possibilities? Thanks again!
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 8 months ago #12426

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
I've gotten this error window a couple times running on a batch of comics...

... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 8 months ago #12492

• Stonepaw
I'll add exclude groups in the next version for sure.

Would you be able to post the series and other relevant info of the comics that caused it to error? It seems to be related to unicode characters but I can't tell for sure.

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 7 months ago #13420

• Aegrus
  • Junior Boarder
Thank you for the awesome script!

I have two questions/issues:

A lot of times when I'm moving batches of the same series it will put issues in folders based on the issue print year and not the year the series began. This is not always the case but this seems to be a common issue with the various library scripts. Is there a way to prevent this?

The second issue is I'd really like Publisher and Imprint to be at the same level. So instead of having to dig all the way through the DC level, I would prefer Wildstorm to be treated as a Publisher. I know this is not how a majority like it but is there something I can do to enforce this method?

Thanks again and I apologize in advance if this info is already buried in the forums somewhere, I try to research first and ask second.
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Aegrus.

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 6 months ago #13512

• Stonepaw
Aegrus: The whole point of this script is so that you can customize the naming pattern. Therefore you can easily change how the imprint is handled.

Open the Configure Library Organizer from the file->Automation menu and play around with the patterns. You can click the button to insert that field into the pattern.

It does give a live preview so you can edit it and immediately see what the script will do.

You might want something like this as your directory pattern:
{<publisher>}{-<imprint>}\{<series>} ({<startyear>}{ <format>)}

About the issue start year. This is hard to calculate via script and depends on what you have in your library. Try using the start year button in your pattern. No guaranties that it will be correct though.

Also that was partly my bad as I put the wrong thing in the default pattern. It should have been {<startyear>} and instead I put {<year>}. I'll fix that whenever I get the new version done.

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 6 months ago #13983

• Aegrus
  • Junior Boarder
Stonepaw wrote:
About the issue start year. This is hard to calculate via script and depends on what you have in your library. Try using the start year button in your pattern. No guaranties that it will be correct though.

Also that was partly my bad as I put the wrong thing in the default pattern. It should have been {<startyear>} and instead I put {<year>}. I'll fix that whenever I get the new version done.

The default was <startyear> but it was still not working correctly.

However, I seem to have fixed it by using the following:

{<publisher>} {<imprint>}\{<series>}{ (<volume>}{ <format>)}

I don't see any difference in file name by using <volume> and so far I have not had the enumeration problem. Thanks for your response!

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 6 months ago #14016

• Emerald_Knight
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 41
I've read through the threads, the guide, and everything I can think of, to no avail, so now I'll ask my question. = )

How would I go about putting all titles of a particular subject into a single primary folder? i.e. Primary Folder = Batman. Sub Folders = Batman, Detective Comics, etc. Then the individual files in each category in the sub Folders.

Essentially, I want to open the Batman folder and find all the Batman titles in one convenient location. I've played around with it as far as my skill will permit, but I'm at a loss. :blink:

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 6 months ago #14021

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Emerald_Knight wrote:
How would I go about putting all titles of a particular subject into a single primary folder? i.e. Primary Folder = Batman. Sub Folders = Batman, Detective Comics, etc. Then the individual files in each category in the sub Folders.

Essentially, I want to open the Batman folder and find all the Batman titles in one convenient location. I've played around with it as far as my skill will permit, but I'm at a loss. :blink:
That's my man! B)

I have the same problem, and I solve it (till there is an official solution) by 'fooling' the library organizer. Here is how:

1. Make smart lists for books for which you require 'primary' folders. e.g. Batman, Captain America etc.

2. Now, what we do is a temporary thing. Change the format to the name of the primary folder. e.g. Format = Batman

3. Choose this directory structure in the library organizer options: {<format>}\{<series>} {(<startyear>)}

4. Run the organizer.

5. Now, we got our shiny primary folder.

6. Go back to the smart list and remove the format change we made earlier.

Well, so far this is all I can think of.. maybe Stonepaw may enlighten us, or give us more options for this..

I have even more problems... I make primary folders for the major players, and then inside the primary folder, I make these 5 folders:

So that we have got a perfect folder structure like this:

The Library Organizer is an excellent script and gradually becoming indispensable (just like comicvine scraper). I just hope Stonepaw can think of something for the issues I outlined above.. :unsure:
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by 600WPMPO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FreddieP786

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 6 months ago #14026

• Emerald_Knight
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 41
Sweet! I'll give that a shot. I'm hoping this will eventually translate to how CR goes about stacking series as well.
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Emerald_Knight.
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Who's Online

We have 353 guests and 7 members online