Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014)

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 5 months ago #14028

  • Stonepaw
  • Stonepaw's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 920
  • Thank you received: 267
  • Karma: 173
Hmm tricky. 600's way works but it would be nice to do this with just the script.

Several ideas.

1. Create different profiles with the Batman, Captain America etc written into the pattern. Downside is you will need a large amount of profiles.

2. I add a character and/or tag field to the script. I'd have to do it so that for each series you run it on it will pop up a selection box asking what characters or tags you want to use.

That's all I can think of.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 5 months ago #14042

  • 600WPMPO
  • 600WPMPO's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 3788
  • Thank you received: 557
  • Karma: 232
Stonepaw wrote:
1. Create different profiles with the Batman, Captain America etc written into the pattern. Downside is you will need a large amount of profiles.

2. I add a character and/or tag field to the script. I'd have to do it so that for each series you run it on it will pop up a selection box asking what characters or tags you want to use.
Till you give us no.2, we'll do with no.1 B)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 5 months ago #14048

  • pescuma
  • pescuma's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 115
  • Thank you received: 16
  • Karma: 21
Stonepaw wrote:
2. I add a character and/or tag field to the script. I'd have to do it so that for each series you run it on it will pop up a selection box asking what characters or tags you want to use.

One idea that crossed my mind: you could add an option to create subfolders for each tag, in the order the tags appear on the book. And, together with that, a list of tags to ignore (so we could ignore CVDBSKIP and things like that). Of may the other way arround: a list of tags that, if exists in the book, would be used to create the path.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 5 months ago #14049

  • James Spaceman
  • James Spaceman's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 197
  • Thank you received: 6
  • Karma: 5
I think this is the answer to my prayers haha, thanks for sharing this.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 5 months ago #14053

  • James Spaceman
  • James Spaceman's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 197
  • Thank you received: 6
  • Karma: 5
James Spaceman wrote:
I think this is the answer to my prayers haha, thanks for sharing this.

Well, I would like to retract this comment. Unfortunately this script just wiped out 12GB of Batman comics from my collection!

Everything was working fine. Made a new template, doing small batches of comics. Ran through over a dozen titles with no problems at all. The script was working like a charm.

I got brave and selected all of my Batman (1940) and only 37 out of 702 issues made it to the new folder. The script was set to delete "empty" folder. Because the folder was so large it never made it to the recycle bin and my HDD is 12GB lighter.

Searched my 3 externals and nothing is there. These files are definitely GONE. Searched for over an hour!

BEWARE and BE CAREFUL. You might be better off moving them manually cause you still need to rescan your folders anyways. Man, 12GB... that really sucks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 5 months ago #14057

  • forkicks
  • forkicks's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 869
  • Thank you received: 108
  • Karma: 37
Depending on how much you have already touched your hard disk, download Recuva and search for the files.

Its not guaranteed, you may have already overwritten some blocks, but usually it can find files deleted by mistake.

fK
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by forkicks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 5 months ago #14064

  • James Spaceman
  • James Spaceman's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 197
  • Thank you received: 6
  • Karma: 5
forkicks wrote:
Depending on how much you have already touched your hard disk, download Recuva and search for the files.

Its not guaranteed, you may have already overwritten some blocks, but usually it can find files deleted by mistake.

fK

Thanks, I am in the process of DLing the files I lost. I unchecked the "delete original location" option and will not work with such large batches next time. Overall, I really enjoy the script... just be careful is all.

Thanks again for the help.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 5 months ago #14066

  • Stonepaw
  • Stonepaw's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 920
  • Thank you received: 267
  • Karma: 173
James Spaceman wrote:
James Spaceman wrote:
I think this is the answer to my prayers haha, thanks for sharing this.

Well, I would like to retract this comment. Unfortunately this script just wiped out 12GB of Batman comics from my collection!

Everything was working fine. Made a new template, doing small batches of comics. Ran through over a dozen titles with no problems at all. The script was working like a charm.

I got brave and selected all of my Batman (1940) and only 37 out of 702 issues made it to the new folder. The script was set to delete "empty" folder. Because the folder was so large it never made it to the recycle bin and my HDD is 12GB lighter.

Searched my 3 externals and nothing is there. These files are definitely GONE. Searched for over an hour!

BEWARE and BE CAREFUL. You might be better off moving them manually cause you still need to rescan your folders anyways. Man, 12GB... that really sucks.
I'm really sorry about that. :( I'll go over the deleting code again and check for bugs.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 5 months ago #14068

  • 600WPMPO
  • 600WPMPO's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 3788
  • Thank you received: 557
  • Karma: 232
James Spaceman wrote:
I got brave and selected all of my Batman (1940) and only 37 out of 702 issues made it to the new folder. The script was set to delete "empty" folder. Because the folder was so large it never made it to the recycle bin and my HDD is 12GB lighter.

Searched my 3 externals and nothing is there. These files are definitely GONE. Searched for over an hour!
:( James, I sincerely feel sorry for you. I have lost entire HDs many times and it is a strange feeling. Well, if it is gone, it is gone. here is something to cheer you up (hopefully!):


James Spaceman wrote:
I got brave and selected all of my Batman (1940) and only 37 out of 702 issues made it to the new folder.
On a serious note, would you look again at the 37 Batman issues that did make it to their destination.
  • Were the 37 issues somehow different from the rest of the others?
  • Was there sufficient disc space in the destination folder to accommodate all the comics?
  • Are the 37 Batman issues in a continuous issue numbers (e.g. #1-37)?
  • Were there duplicates also?
  • If the 'remove empty directories' option removed your source folder, then this means all the comics were moved and then the empty directory was deleted? Where did they go then?
  • Or did the script remove the source directory before it was empty? (This is what Stonepaw must be looking for as a bug)
The 12 GB can not be recovered, but lets try to make the script better..

p.s. James Spaceman, I give you +1 karma for staying calm and positive even in the wake of such a data tragedy. Many in your place would be shouting for murder.. But not you, our dear spaceman! :)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by 600WPMPO.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 5 months ago #14069

  • Stonepaw
  • Stonepaw's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 920
  • Thank you received: 267
  • Karma: 173
600WPMPO wrote:
James Spaceman wrote:
I got brave and selected all of my Batman (1940) and only 37 out of 702 issues made it to the new folder.
On a serious note, would you look again at the 37 Batman issues that did make it to their destination.
  • Were the 37 issues somehow different from the rest of the others?
  • Was there sufficient disc space in the destination folder to accommodate all the comics?
  • Are the 37 Batman issues in a continuous issue numbers (e.g. #1-37)?
  • Were there duplicates also?
  • If the 'remove empty directories' option removed your source folder, then this means all the comics were moved and then the empty directory was deleted? Where did they go then?
  • Or did the script remove the source directory before it was empty? (This is what Stonepaw must be looking for as a bug)
Yes, any information you can give me to track down what happen will be much appreciated.
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Stonepaw.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Who's Online

We have 165 guests and 7 members online