Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014)

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 7 months ago #14071

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Stonepaw wrote:
Yes, any information you can give me to track down what happen will be much appreciated.
I'm also currently in the process of backing up my computer and would proceed to format it soon.

I have backed up all my comics (just fitting in) on my 500GB external HD. This would serve as the backup. I have ordered a new 2TB external HD that shall arrive in 2-3 days. Now, I plan to use the Library Organizer script to move all the comics in my library to this new 2TB HD.

I will, purposely, transfer them in as huge chunks as possible to see if any error occurs. I have nothing to worry about even if this mysterious bug deletes them in the process coz I already have them backed up.

I shall report back here if anything fishy occurs..:side:

Meanwhile, awaiting James Spaceman's response on the queries outlined in the above post..
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by 600WPMPO.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 7 months ago #14072

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 268
600WPMPO wrote:
I will, purposely, transfer them in as huge chunks as possible to see if any error occurs. I have nothing to worry about even if this mysterious bug deletes them in the process coz I already have them backed up.

I shall report back here if anything fishy occurs..:side:
That will be very helpful. Thanks!

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 7 months ago #14101

• James Spaceman
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Stonepaw wrote:
600WPMPO wrote:
James Spaceman wrote:
I got brave and selected all of my Batman (1940) and only 37 out of 702 issues made it to the new folder.
On a serious note, would you look again at the 37 Batman issues that did make it to their destination.
  • Were the 37 issues somehow different from the rest of the others?
  • Was there sufficient disc space in the destination folder to accommodate all the comics?
  • Are the 37 Batman issues in a continuous issue numbers (e.g. #1-37)?
  • Were there duplicates also?
  • If the 'remove empty directories' option removed your source folder, then this means all the comics were moved and then the empty directory was deleted? Where did they go then?
  • Or did the script remove the source directory before it was empty? (This is what Stonepaw must be looking for as a bug)
Yes, any information you can give me to track down what happen will be much appreciated.

Okay, 1st let me say... I love this program and you guys that build this shit are amazing!
And 2nd, already DL all of the missing 12GB of Batman... it's really just man hours at this point. So, the major nightmare has been relieved.

Here is what I can tell...

1. All 37 (out of 702) that were being worked on were ALL "Batman" (V1940) titles. ALL cbz. files, ALL previously ran through ComicVine + Exported & Embedded via ComicRack months ago.

2. The files were transfering WITHIN THE SAME HDD. Only relocating using the new directory.

3. The numberical order of the issue that did make it are as follows:
#1-13, 38,44,238,260,271,283,295.307,319,331,355,367,379,391, 403, 415, 429, 443, 458, 473, 488, 503, 514 & 526
So, it would appear that it was moving along as normal (1-13) and then something occurred.

4. The question about duplicates... this is were it gets kinda hazy. After the spooling was complete I was prompted with the DUPLICATE MESSAGE. I knew there were NO duplicates because this folder had been sorted months ago. So, I ALLOWED the script to OVERWRITE any duplicates figuring no harm would come.

5. IF the script removed the source folder it would have been far too large to go to the recycle bin at 12+GB. It would have been dumped straight. In fact, my HDD shows exactly 12GB increase of space.

Again guys, love ComicRack and all the scripts you've all done. I really like this tool as well, I just unchecked the "remove source directory when empty" option and have kept the workload to small batches. Really hope this info helps. It was a big chunk, at 702 books... even ComicVine stalls out during sessions like that as well as other "batch" style scripts for this software. I am also running a slightly older version (V 0.9.1332 32bit) because I really enjoy it. Haven't come around to the upgrade yet as I was finding the upgrades were released far too often to really keep up.

Thanks Again!

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 7 months ago #14103

• Stonepaw
Glad to hear you recovered with out too much trouble. :) Thanks for the information.

It is pretty much impossible for the script to delete a directory with anything in it. Therefore the only thing I can come up with is that somehow the script renamed lots of comics with the same issue number. That might be the reason why it asked to overwrite duplicates.

Could you post the naming pattern you used?

I'll check those areas of the code again and see what I can come up with.

I'm also going to try and add an option to delete files to the recycle bin in the case of duplicates instead of deleting permanently as it currently does regardless of the size.

So my current todo list is:
  • Rule Groups (almost done)
  • Tags field
  • Character field (not quite sure how to implement these yet but have some good ideas. pescuma: That might work)
  • Debugging
  • Duplicate deleting to recycle bin
  • Checking for possible unicode exception

Is there any other feature or field suggestions?
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Stonepaw.

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 7 months ago #14112

• James Spaceman
  • Gold Boarder
Directory = Series

File Name = Series - Volume - Number

Example = Batman\Batman - V1940 - #001

After many attempts I chose to keep it simple because not every field will always be populated.

Your theory of mistaken duplicates makes sense.

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 7 months ago #14117

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
James Spaceman wrote:
The question about duplicates... this is were it gets kinda hazy. After the spooling was complete I was prompted with the DUPLICATE MESSAGE. I knew there were NO duplicates because this folder had been sorted months ago. So, I ALLOWED the script to OVERWRITE any duplicates figuring no harm would come.
I think somehow the script took these issues as duplicates. Were they scraped correctly? Basically, it is the comicinfo.xml that matters to the library organizer and not the filename.

I suggest you re-do all the steps (obviously, after proper backup) and see if it again falters.
Stonepaw wrote:
So my current todo list is:
  • Rule Groups (almost done)
  • Tags field
  • Character field (not quite sure how to implement these yet but have some good ideas. pescuma: That might work)
  • Debugging
  • Duplicate deleting to recycle bin
  • Checking for possible unicode exception
This current to-do list is most impressive.. Can't wait :cheer:
Stonepaw wrote:
Is there any other feature or field suggestions?
I would appreciate fields for Genre. The Genre field is very flexible and would be quite useful in the library organizer.

A Manga field would come in handy while sorting all manga in one folder.

And what about a field for Writer? I surely know some guys who like to sort comics into folders based on the name of the writer.

I often think of a copy option. Here the library organizer would go into the copy mode and would not move the files, but copy them over to the assigned directory. Would be good for backups.

Also, like perezmu/pescuma's duplicates manager, we can have a dummy run, resulting in a log.txt file, that would enumerate all the changes that the script would make. The user can have a look at this, and once satisfied, can then actually order the script to move the files.
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 7 months ago #14127

• Stonepaw
Genere, Manga, Writer. Absolutely

Copy mode: Good idea. I'll add it.

dummy run: Also an excellent idea. Will do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 7 months ago #14162

• Aegrus
  • Junior Boarder
Stonepaw wrote:
Aegrus: The whole point of this script is so that you can customize the naming pattern. Therefore you can easily change how the imprint is handled.

Open the Configure Library Organizer from the file->Automation menu and play around with the patterns. You can click the button to insert that field into the pattern.

It does give a live preview so you can edit it and immediately see what the script will do.

You might want something like this as your directory pattern:
{<publisher>}{-<imprint>}\{<series>} ({<startyear>}{ <format>)}

I played around with this some and I did settle for "Publisher Imprint".

I also found a CVScraper option that makes the Imprint the Publisher. This was initially EXACTLY what I wanted, as far as folder structure, but then I realized that the info of each comic was inaccurate due to it making the Imprint the Publisher (imagine that!) So being the OCD person I am in regards to my collection I went back to "Pub Imp".

Anyways, just thought I'd share in case anyone is interested in using that CVScraper option.
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Aegrus.

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 7 months ago #14167

• James Spaceman
  • Gold Boarder
Just an Update,

After "the incident" I have been using this script in "year" segments by series. Moving 12 issues in a batch and it works wonderfully. Haven't had a problem at all. I want to echo my earlier statement as this script is the just what ComicRack needed.

I still need to do a little manual movements because of the way I organize my folders, but it truly is the best tool since CVS.

Thanks again to everyone involved :cheer:

Re: Library Organizer 6 years 7 months ago #14178

• Neep
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
I also want to thrown in my thanks for this script. CVS and this make comicrack worthwhile to me.
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Who's Online

We have 257 guests and one member online