Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014)

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 1 year 9 months ago #44524

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 267
perezmu wrote:
Hello,

I've been away for quite some time, and have forgotten the subtelities of most of my favourite scripts... I have the need to rename THE DIRECTORY that contains my comics, not the comics names....

Say, I want to change "f:\0-days week of 2015.12.09" to "f:\0-days week of 2015.12.09 [zipped-dedupped-tagged]" , without changing the comic file names themselves..

Can I use comic organizer to do that?

Thanks
Well you can turn off file renaming of course. I'm not sure how to best make that folder pattern though.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 1 year 9 months ago #44526

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Stonepaw wrote:
Well you can turn off file renaming of course. I'm not sure how to best make that folder pattern though.

Yep, Stoney, it is the pattern what puzzles me!

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 1 year 9 months ago #44527

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
perezmu wrote:
Yep, Stoney, it is the pattern what puzzles me!
The puzzle for me is what do you mean by "zipped-dedupped-tagged"? Whatever that is, how do you have it stored in the ComicRack field(s)?

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 1 year 9 months ago #44529

• TinCanFury
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
question, what are the other options for those three categories?
not zipped? rar'd? 7zip'd?
how do you know you won't have duplicates in the future?
tagged, when would you have a comic that is not tagged?

Just trying to understand your work flow.

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 1 year 9 months ago #44532

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
TinCanFury wrote:
how do you know you won't have duplicates in the future?
tagged, when would you have a comic that is not tagged?
Just trying to understand your work flow.

Ok... this is what I do (maybe not the most sensible thing to do, but it is how it goes... The thing is I do not regularly check my comics, so I can find from one moth to another several folders to organize... on a regular basis, this might not make sense).

- When I process a new folder (say "0-day XXXX.XX.XX", first thing I do is I convert all files to cbz using the CBCleaner script from outside of comicrack (CR), so CR can then write the comicinfo file within the archive. I usually do many folders in a batch because it takes time, but it is faster than using CR. When this is done, I remane the folder to "0-day XXXX.XX.XX [z]", for "zipped".

- Next step is within CR, in the folder explorer, locate my folder "0-day XXXX.XX.XX [z]", and add all files to the library. Since 0-days usually bring several copies of the same comic, I run the duplicate manager script on this folder, after using the "commit proposed values" script. At this point, I'd like to rename the folder to "0-day XXXX.XX.XX [zd]", meaning that all the comics in the folder are zipped, and "de-duplicated" (there may be, as you say more duplicates in the library, but that comes later on... However, I cannot rename the folder without previously removing the comics from the library and then renaming the folder and then adding them again in CR... that's why I was wondering if there was a way to rename the folder within comicrack.

- Finally, I run the scraper on these folders. When all is said and done, I run a duplicate check to all the library, and then I am done (waiting for the "library organizer" run, somewhere in the futures. At this point, my wish is to rename the folder as "0-day XXXX.XX.XX [zdt]", adding the "tagged" mark to the name.

Since I cannot do all this in one go, my folder tree has many folders at the different stages... Depending on how much time I can spend at the comics organization task, sometimes I'd only 'zip' comics, or only dedup... ;)

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 1 year 8 months ago #44613

• Redsteel
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello, I'm using the last version of organizer as to date (2.1.11) following the instructions provided and I'm really happy with it but, I'm sorry there is always a but ...is there a way to create a folder by publisher first and then all the rest of the options minus the Alphabetical?

Something like E:\Comics\Marvel\ A\Avengers... etc, etc, and then E:\Comics\DC Comics\B\batman,...etc, etc.

I'm guessing creating a rule for the Library organizer but then, were to put it for the Library organizer (quick) works is magic.

Thanks in advance

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 1 year 8 months ago #44637

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 267
@perezmu:
The only way I can think to do this is to have a bunch of custom values. For example one containing the 0-day date and others containing the various states. You could then use these custom values within the library organizer script.
You can probably use datamanager to get the 0-day date into the field and then add the states yourself.

I am thinking of adding a field for the current containing folder name into the next version (2.2 or 3.0 depending) that could work, but that is going very slowly.

@Redsteel
You can easily modify the folder pattern to insert {<publisher>} in the desired spot. You have to open the configure library organizer script which can be found in the drop down arrow on the tool bar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: perezmu

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 1 year 8 months ago #44642

• Redsteel
  • Fresh Boarder
I already take a look at the library organizer scripts and they said

E:\comics\alphabetical

...as directory but I don't have a clue how to change it to selected publisher. :unsure:

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 1 year 7 months ago #44745

• g0rg0n
  • Fresh Boarder
Perhaps this has been covered in the last 5 years, but I can't seem to find it.

Routinely when I am moving multiple books after i scrape them, there is a better than 50% chance it will move all files except fail on 1. Then i have to click the Library Organizer (Quick) button again and its subsequent dialogues.

What is with that one file? Can this be something I can correct somehow?

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 1 year 7 months ago #44746

• RevQuixo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
What I've seen seems to be if you scrape and then move the files too quickly, CR is still in the process of writing the metadata into the cbz file, thus preventing the organizer from moving it.
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Who's Online

We have 212 guests and 7 members online