Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014)

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 1 year 3 months ago #45893

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 268
Xelloss wrote:
Still waiting for some option to automatically "cut"/limit the filename when the path is more than 250 characters long (and not have to edit them manually one by one)

It would be cool to be able to choose which of the fields used in the path to be "cut"/limit when characters are needed to be deleted to fit the 250 limit...

For example, if you use "Title" in the filename (or path) and you exceed the 250 characters path limit by 13 characters, you could choose those characters to be erased from the end of the Title (in the filename of course) instead of showing a window for manual editing... (as an option of course)

It would make massive comic movement a lot less time consuming...
That's a really interesting idea that I really like, I know exactly how I'll integrate it too. I'll add it to my todo list for 3.0. Which is slowly being worked on but University and work take up much of my time sadly.
I know I am missing something probably obvious, but how can I space the reamed files?

My file is coming out looking like WCWWorldChampionshipWrestlingVol.1992#01 instead of WCW World Championship Wrestling Vol.1992 #01
You can add spaces in the prefix or postfix portions of the field in the editor. For example {<series>} would become {<series> }. Note the space between the > and }.
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Stonepaw.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 1 year 3 months ago #45995

Any chance you could add Week as one of the values?

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 1 year 2 months ago #46050

• Gemris
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Help! I screwed something up and haven't been able to figure out where to fix it.

Previously, when I ran Library Organizer, within the main character file all One-Shots were put into one folder.
Now, when I run the organizer, it is doing a sub-folder for each title within the One-Shot folder. How do I get it back to the previous way?

I'm currently using the default rules and profiles, which I may have somehow changed before, but I'm not digging the subfolders within the One-Shot folder. Is this something in Organizer, or did I mess up something in Data Manager? Thanks!

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 1 year 2 months ago #46103

• CADScott
  • Fresh Boarder
Not sure if this has been requested previously, but would it be possible to correct the scaling of the Library Organizer dialog boxes when used on Hi-res small screens?
I have just recently updated to a windows 10 touch laptop with a 14" screen and I need to run it in 150% display scaling to make it at all readable. With this scaling the dialog boxes are absolutely impossible to read, and I have to switch scaling just to update a setting.

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 1 year 1 month ago #46258

• pueblo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Xelloss wrote:
Still waiting for some option to automatically "cut"/limit the filename when the path is more than 250 characters long (and not have to edit them manually one by one)

It would be cool to be able to choose which of the fields used in the path to be "cut"/limit when characters are needed to be deleted to fit the 250 limit...

For example, if you use "Title" in the filename (or path) and you exceed the 250 characters path limit by 13 characters, you could choose those characters to be erased from the end of the Title (in the filename of course) instead of showing a window for manual editing... (as an option of course)

It would make massive comic movement a lot less time consuming...

+1 for this.

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 1 year 3 weeks ago #46423

• Kreos
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
I've been searching the threads, the documentation, etc. for this amazing script and there is one thing I can't seem to find an answer to:

Is there a way to set it up to ignore "The" when it is the lead of the series? i.e. I want "The Flash" to sort under "Flash" but still display "The Flash."

Additionally, is it possible to set it up to do this after a colon? For the same reason, there are plenty of series that I want to ignore them when it is organizing, but I still want in the file name (example: Superman: The Man of Steel would file as Superman: Man of Steel).

Thanks in advance, and I do apologize if this has been addressed and I'm to dense to find it.

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 1 year 3 weeks ago #46424

• docdoom
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 89
You may use the Data Manager to manipulate the series name and write that manipulated name into a custom field. Afterwards Library Manager can use that custom field instead of the original series name.
Kreos wrote:
I've been searching the threads, the documentation, etc. for this amazing script and there is one thing I can't seem to find an answer to:

Is there a way to set it up to ignore "The" when it is the lead of the series? i.e. I want "The Flash" to sort under "Flash" but still display "The Flash."

Additionally, is it possible to set it up to do this after a colon? For the same reason, there are plenty of series that I want to ignore them when it is organizing, but I still want in the file name (example: Superman: The Man of Steel would file as Superman: Man of Steel).

Thanks in advance, and I do apologize if this has been addressed and I'm to dense to find it.
Author of the CR Data Manager. Download and manual at google code - please post feature requests and bugs here

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 1 year 3 weeks ago #46482

• dayday8421
  • Fresh Boarder
Stonepaw wrote:
It's because there isn't any custom values. I screwed up how I loaded them and if there isn't any, this error results. Typically this doesn't matter as comic vine scrapped uses custom values but it does occasionally happen.

Just add any custom value to any book and this will go away. I just haven't had time to push a fix for this.

Hi Stonepaw, I'm also brand new to the software (and your script). I'm getting the same exact situational error but I'm sorry I don't fully understand adding a 'custom value'. Do you mean simply adding tags to books, as I tried this and it made no difference, or is there a way to add a custom 'tag/value'.

I even looked around the wiki / forum for mentions of custom values but had no luck. Apologies if I am missing something really obvious and I would appreciate if you could point me in the right direction as your script seems to be exactly what I've been looking for.

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 1 year 2 weeks ago #46513

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 268
My apologies for not replying to everyone sooner:

@projektidiot The next version will have access to every field that comicrack supports. (Unfortunately no timetable for the next release, I might have some time during Christmas break to work on it though)

@CADScott As I don't have a 4k monitor this will be hard to do but I will do what I can.

@dayday8421 This is an ongoing problem that I really need to fix but near full time work and part time university is not giving me much free time. The fix is to add a custom value. See: the manual page on how to enable the custom values screen. Then in any book add a name and value in that screen. That should make the script work again. Typically the ComicVine scrapper adds some custom values so this usually isn't required to bypass the crash.

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 1 year 2 weeks ago #46514

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
Stonepaw wrote:
My apologies for not replying to everyone sooner:

@projektidiot The next version will have access to every field that comicrack supports. (Unfortunately no timetable for the next release, I might have some time during Christmas break to work on it though)

@CADScott As I don't have a 4k monitor this will be hard to do but I will do what I can.

@dayday8421 This is an ongoing problem that I really need to fix but near full time work and part time university is not giving me much free time. The fix is to add a custom value. See: the manual page on how to enable the custom values screen. Then in any book add a name and value in that screen. That should make the script work again. Typically the ComicVine scrapper adds some custom values so this usually isn't required to bypass the crash.

@Stonepaw If you point me in the right direction in your code I can attempt to help out over the next few weeks with the 1st and 3rd requests you mentioned.
Last Edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by oraclexview.
Time to create page: 0.423 seconds

Who's Online

We have 239 guests and 5 members online