Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014)

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 6 months 1 day ago #47300

• Drybonz
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
This is one of the all-time great scripts for ComicRack. Thank you. Been using it a long time.

I was wondering if an option could be added (or perhaps already exists and I don't know about it) to remove "The" as the first word in folder names. This would be helpful for tools and readers outside ComicRack that don't ignore articles in sorting.

Thanks again.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 5 months 3 weeks ago #47312

• Drybonz
  • Gold Boarder
I'm also noticing that if there is a comic in a run that uses a decimal numbering (.1, .5, etc) that the script will give that comic its own folder instead of moving it with the rest of the run... is there a way around that?

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 5 months 2 weeks ago #47411

• Surfal666
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Maybe use DataManager to create a new Custom field with a normalized name and use that in the Library Organizer profile instead of the actual series / title. You could have problems though because "Avengers" and "The Avengers" are two different books. You could go with "Avengers, The" for a library feel to it. You're really just talking about A, An, and The, right?

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 5 months 1 week ago #47456

• Der Internet
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
i don't know if it's already fixed, i havent used CR for a while and my LO was outdated, but i came along a possible bug - maybe a feature :D?

If you declare the base folder with an lowercase path (f:\comic\) you will end mess up your ComicDB.xml with duplicate entries when you move or copy files.

maybe it's intentional for case-sensitive disk formats, but i just wanted to let you know. took me some time to find this as an source for many errors in my DB.

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 5 months 1 week ago #47459

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
Der Internet wrote:
i don't know if it's already fixed, i havent used CR for a while and my LO was outdated, but i came along a possible bug - maybe a feature :D?

If you declare the base folder with an lowercase path (f:\comic\) you will end mess up your ComicDB.xml with duplicate entries when you move or copy files.

maybe it's intentional for case-sensitive disk formats, but i just wanted to let you know. took me some time to find this as an source for many errors in my DB.
Can you explain this in more detail because I don't see how having a lowercase path causes duplicate entries in your database after moving files (copying files in theory should give you duplicates since you are making a copy)?

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 5 months 1 week ago #47460

• Der Internet
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Had files at F:\Comcis\Example.cbz

New Comics, same book, but better quality - i wanna move them with LO. If the file is already existing, it asks to overwrite the file. but now i have two entries, the old one F:\Comcis\Example.cbz and the new entry with f:\Comcis\Example.cbz - both linking to the same file example.cbz

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 4 months 2 weeks ago #47616

• Ebak
  • Fresh Boarder
I do have a quality of life request. I use a text size of 125% because it is comfortable for me to read text that size whereas I'd struggle if it was smaller.
I THINK that this is interfering with the layout of the program as you cansee in my imgur gallery below:
imgur.com/a/Mppfe

This probably won't get patched soon, but I'd like to bring it to Stonepaws's attention because I think it would be nice if you can resize the organizer's GUI to make it easier to use.

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 4 months 1 week ago #47682

• pueblo
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm planning to reorganize my collection once again :blush: I could really use this new feature/fix to truncate too long filename in path.
Are you planning to release a new version any time soon? I could wait few weeks or even a month or two... :whistle:
I really appreciate your plugin and thank you for your work on this project!

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 4 months 1 week ago #47683

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 247
pueblo wrote:
I'm planning to reorganize my collection once again :blush: I could really use this new feature/fix to truncate too long filename in path.
Are you planning to release a new version any time soon? I could wait few weeks or even a month or two... :whistle:
I really appreciate your plugin and thank you for your work on this project!

With some careful rule selections and maybe workflow that made a shorter title in a custom field you could do this now. What kind of thing do you need it to shorten? If you need a hand with this open a thread in the help section and I can try and work out a plan.
Last Edit: 4 months 1 week ago by jkthemac.

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 4 months 1 week ago #47685

• pueblo
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks, I opened a new thread as adviced.
Anyone who wants to followup, here's the link: http://comicrack.cyolito.com/forum/8-help/40067-too-long-filepath-problem
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds

Who's Online

We have 251 guests and one member online