Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014)

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 3 months 1 week ago #47947

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
@ Stonepaw - So sorry, I'm bugging you in two different threads today! I have been adding variant covers to my comics. I keep my new releases in a, well, "New Releases" folder, then before the week is out I use the LO to sort them in their permanent folders. I would like for the LO to add together the number of covers and add that to the filename, "(4 Covers)" or what have you. I keep staring at the options pages but can't figure out a rule to make this happen. Might you have any suggestions? Again, thanks so much for any help you have!
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 3 months 1 week ago #47949

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 267
My suggestion is this: (<Custom(covers)>{ of <Custom(covers_count)>} Covers)}

What I did is create a custom fields of covers and covers_count

Covers contains the number of covers I have in the comic
covers_count is the total number of covers that were published.

This will display (2 of 3 Covers) or just (2 Covers) if covers_count is empty. If there is no value in the covers field then it won't be added to the path.

The trick is then figuring out how many covers you have and putting that in the custom field. Perhaps data manager can help? I don't have much experience with that program. Alternatively it probably wouldn't be that difficult to create a small python script to count the number of covers. I might be able to write that this weekend.

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 2 months 3 weeks ago #48009

• bodhikun
  • Junior Boarder
Hey Stonepaw,

I've been trying your suggestion, however I cannot make it work...

Here's my file structure
{<series>}{ V<volume>}{ #<number2>}{ (of <count2>)} ({<month> }{<year>)}{(<Custom(covers)>{ of <Custom(covers_count)>} Covers)}{ (<scaninfo(, )(issue)>)}

Could you give me a hint where I got it wrong?

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 2 months 3 weeks ago #48012

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 267
What exactly isn't not working?

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 2 months 3 weeks ago #48015

• bodhikun
  • Junior Boarder
Sorry if I wasn't clear about it...

I also tried to add the covers count in the filename, like you mentioned to Alan Scott, but it's not working

Stonepaw wrote:
My suggestion is this: (<Custom(covers)>{ of <Custom(covers_count)>} Covers)}

What I did is create a custom fields of covers and covers_count

Covers contains the number of covers I have in the comic
covers_count is the total number of covers that were published.

This will display (2 of 3 Covers) or just (2 Covers) if covers_count is empty. If there is no value in the covers field then it won't be added to the path.

The trick is then figuring out how many covers you have and putting that in the custom field. Perhaps data manager can help? I don't have much experience with that program. Alternatively it probably wouldn't be that difficult to create a small python script to count the number of covers. I might be able to write that this weekend.

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 2 months 5 days ago #48070

• n8thagr8
  • Fresh Boarder
Is there a way to add a suffix to the filename without changing anything else about it?

I ask because I have all of the Hellboy series named as just Hellboy 1-57 instead of the like 20 different series it actually is. What I want to do is add the release month and year on the end of each filename while leaving the rest of it the same. There's no way I can automate the way I have them named currently because for example it would replace "Hellboy #57" with "Hellboy - The Fury #3" or whatever.
Last Edit: 2 months 5 days ago by n8thagr8.

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 1 month 2 weeks ago #48116

• beardyandy
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Stonepaw,

First off, thanks for this scripts. It's saved me countless hours of work and is a pleasure to use.

1)
I'm using onedrive for a and it doesn't like certain characters e.g. #

I'm presuming that's as simple as adding them to the configureform.py but just wanted to check there's no unintended behaviour doing that.
def illegal_character_replacement_keypress and
def remove_illegal_character

2)
On another note- I know you're bringing in rules for custom fields in the new version, thank you...
I'm using a custom field (archived=current, archived) to split my library across disks. The idea is that the archive should be fairly static, so backups are easier, and then I dump X months (or read or whatever) into it.

As I can't set rules on custom fields I want to setup two distinct set of rules based on whether I'm running the archive profiles or not. Two separate profiles of the profiles if you will.

For now I was going to make a script to just choose which version of losettings to use before I start comicrack; and then copy that in place.
Is there a better way or anything worrying about doing that please?

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 1 day 12 hours ago #48271

• vanch
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Stonepaw

WARNING: dev talk :-)

Just flagging up a small 'bug' in using StartYear and EndYear.
I had some strange behavior with some comics who ended up in different folders (using these calculated tags).
After a bit of tinkering, I realised that your algorithms for the computations, i.e.

def get_earliest_book(book):
def get_last_book(book):

both use the publisher name to index the series. In many cases, this assumption is wrong as i have series published by different publiishers over time but that I wish to keep in the same folder.

In your code, I therefore changed the index as being solely with series name and volume, getting the expected results.

Not sure if you want to incorporate this as a bug fix for the next version or just ignore. No big deal as i don't think many people have used this option and got the same problem I had.

Nice job in any case.
Time to create page: 0.333 seconds

Who's Online

We have 193 guests and one member online