Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014)

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 9 months 1 week ago #48691

• rmagere
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Reducer wrote:
I have three questions. I did do some searching on these, but if I missed a forum post, please point it out and I will follow it.
{ <series>} #{<number0>} ({<year0>}-{<month0>})

Try { <series>} #{<number0>}{ of <count0>}({<year0>}-{<month2>}) and see if it does what you want.
To get rid of the 1,000,000 which was annoying me I created a series called "DC One Million" with the 39 issues all included in that series e.g. "DC One Million v1998 #04 (of 39) (November, 1998) [Nightwing]"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 6 months 1 week ago #49316

• Reducer
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Sorry for the late reply. Here's what I ended up doing that worked:

{<series>}{ (<year>-{<month#2>})}{ #<number2>}{ (of <count2>)}

I also followed your advice and created a different series for the DC One Million event.

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 6 months 5 days ago #49327

• Drybonz
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hey guys... been using this great script for a long time and wouldn't know what to do without it.

The problem I'm running into is that a few days ago I upgraded my computer and reinstalled Windows. I'm now getting an error with the library organizer "access to path is denied". I've checked to make sure my path is the same and that nothing has been changed to read only somehow. Sorry if this has been discussed already, but is there anything else I can check to fix this problem?

Thanks for the help.

*edit* I should also mention that I have tried un-installing and re-installing the script.
Last Edit: 6 months 5 days ago by Drybonz.

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 6 months 5 days ago #49328

• boshuda
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 86
My first guess would be probably a Windows permissions error on the directory where the script lives. Can you do the portable 'install' of Comic Rack into a documents directory and run the script from there?

Or open the %appdata%cYo\ComicRack directory and see what the permissions are, and make sure your regular user has full access rights to it.

Other than that a more detailed account of what you're doing and exactly where it fails might be helpful. Are you seeing that error message when you're trying to edit rules? Or is it when you're trying to apply them? Are you saving the rules, or just trying to open the rules editor? etc.

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 6 months 4 days ago #49329

• Drybonz
  • Gold Boarder
Hey Boshuda... thanks for the reply. I have all my rules set up, the same way they were before. It's when I actually click to move the files that I get the error. I'll check into the permissions issue since it's a new Windows install it might have something to do with that, although they are in the same location they were before.

*edit* I checked permissions on those appdata folders and they seem to be ok.
Last Edit: 6 months 4 days ago by Drybonz.

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 6 months 4 days ago #49330

• boshuda
  • Platinum Boarder
The library organizer actually puts out a some info. If you start comicrack with -ssc it will start an output window. Then start Library Organizer. Copy & Paste the contents of the script window. It usually hides behind the main ComicRack window. That might give some clues. There's also a log in the dupes directory (by default c:\__dupes__) if it got that far.

In case you don't know how to start CR with -ssc: Right-click the shortcut and select properties. If it's pinned to the taskbar you'll need to right-click on the new Comic Rack icon again to get to properties. In the Target put -ssc after the "C:\Program Files\ComicRack\ComicRack.exe". And, for good measure, put --dso. That disables script optimization, so the relevant portions of the script should all be in a sequential order after it's started. So the final command Target line should look like: "C:\Program Files\ComicRack\ComicRack.exe" -dso -ssc

When you're done with that, go back in to the shortcut and remove those switches. I've found that CR is more likely to crash with those switches. And, of course, scripts run slower.
Last Edit: 6 months 4 days ago by boshuda. Reason: I'm an idiot and got my library organizer and data manager mixed up

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 6 months 4 days ago #49331

• Drybonz
  • Gold Boarder
Ok, so I'm not seeing a Data Manager folder at all. How can I fix that?

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 6 months 4 days ago #49332

• boshuda
  • Platinum Boarder
Holy guacamole. I'm an idiot. Ignore my previous posts. I had Data Manager on the brain because mine wasn't working right, so I had been modifying it. This is for Library Organizer. I'm so sorry.

Again, sorry about that. :blush:
Last Edit: 6 months 4 days ago by boshuda. Reason: I'm still an idiot. Earlier info had nothing to do with library organizer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Drybonz

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 6 months 4 days ago #49333

• Drybonz
  • Gold Boarder
lol... no worries... we got this.

Ok, so there is no such folder at the root of c.

Would the whole error message be useful? I was going to copy and paste it but it wouldn't let me highlight the text... but I could just take a screenshot if that would help.

I feel like it has to do with something about copying the ComicRack data over from my old install.
Last Edit: 6 months 4 days ago by Drybonz.

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 6 months 3 days ago #49334

• boshuda
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm still an idiot who needs more sleep, really needs a vacation, and needs to get his task-switching under control. :blush: Ignore the thing about the dupes directory. It has absolutely nothing to do with your issue. At all.

Library Organizer tries to move files to your pre-defined locations. Since it's saying access is denied, did you change any drive letters when you redid your computer? You'll need to update the rules to account for that if so. It takes the starting directory from ComicRack, so even if you moved your library that shouldn't matter, but it could still be a permissions thing. The script should run at the same permission as CR, so the source location permissions shouldn't be an issue if you can use CR to modify the files (Delete, export, write data into the files, etc).

Do you see the following dialog when you start it? IDK if that only comes up if you have multiple profiles, but if it doesn't come up it might be that the rules aren't being read by Library Organizer.

Also, try starting CR with -ssc to get the script console. It should show the script being compiled the first time, then list the files being copied as they're copied.

This is my listing. losettingsx.dat is where the settings and rules live. So if that's missing or incorrect it might be the issue.
Mode                LastWriteTime         Length Name                                                                  
----                -------------         ------ ----                                                                  
-a----         7/6/2016   4:27 PM           3211 add_16.png                                                            
-a----         7/6/2016   4:27 PM            709 arrow.png                                                             
-a----         7/6/2016   4:27 PM           3332 arrow_down_16.png                                                     
-a----         7/6/2016   4:27 PM           4132 blue_arrow_up_32.png                                                  
-a----         7/6/2016   4:27 PM             65 changelog.txt                                                         
-a----         7/6/2016   4:27 PM           3832 chart_32.png                                                          
-a----         7/6/2016   4:27 PM           3352 close_16.png                                                          
-a----        3/31/2017   1:20 PM          34067 configformcontrols.py                                                 
-a----         7/6/2016   4:27 PM         143312 configureform.py                                                      
-a----         7/6/2016   4:27 PM            682 credits.txt                                                           
-a----         7/6/2016   4:27 PM          18261 DuplicateForm.xaml                                                    
-a----         7/6/2016   4:27 PM           4388 folder_32.png                                                         
-a----         7/6/2016   4:27 PM           4376 home_32.png                                                           
-a----         7/6/2016   4:27 PM          15086 libraryorganizer.ico                                                  
-a----         7/6/2016   4:27 PM            904 libraryorganizer.png                                                  
-a----         7/6/2016   4:27 PM           6235 libraryorganizer.py                                                   
-a----         7/6/2016   4:27 PM            916 libraryorganizerquick.png                                             
-a----         7/6/2016   4:27 PM          77635 lobookmover.py                                                        
-a----         7/6/2016   4:27 PM          21953 locommon.py                                                           
-a----         7/6/2016   4:27 PM           8002 loduplicate.py                                                        
-a----         7/6/2016   4:27 PM          25445 loforms.py                                                            
-a----         7/6/2016   4:27 PM           2213 lologger.py                                                           
-a----         7/6/2016   4:27 PM           2205 lopackagelogo.png                                                     
-a----         7/6/2016   4:27 PM          20021 losettings.py                                                         
-a----        3/14/2018  10:37 AM          28110 losettingsx.dat                                                       
-a----         7/6/2016   4:27 PM          15738 loworkerform.py                                                       
-a----         7/6/2016   4:27 PM            265 Package.ini                                                           
-a----         7/6/2016   4:27 PM           3728 page_text_32.png                                                      
-a----         7/6/2016   4:27 PM           4343 pencil_32.png                                                         
-a----         7/6/2016   4:27 PM           3132 pyevent.py                                                            
-a----         7/6/2016   4:27 PM           3720 save_32.png                                                           
-a----         7/6/2016   4:27 PM            296 todo.txt                                                              
-a----         7/6/2016   4:27 PM           4908 tools_32.png                                                          
-a----        3/14/2018  10:37 AM            218 undo.dat                                                              
Time to create page: 0.316 seconds

Who's Online

We have 159 guests and 3 members online