Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014)

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 8 months 3 days ago #49335

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 189
Drybonz wrote:
Hey guys... been using this great script for a long time and wouldn't know what to do without it.

The problem I'm running into is that a few days ago I upgraded my computer and reinstalled Windows. I'm now getting an error with the library organizer "access to path is denied". I've checked to make sure my path is the same and that nothing has been changed to read only somehow. Sorry if this has been discussed already, but is there anything else I can check to fix this problem?

Thanks for the help.

*edit* I should also mention that I have tried un-installing and re-installing the script.

You know there’s not much solid advice that can be given without you providing the exact error message that you’re getting. Is it a ComicRack error message (is it a standard application error or a custom error message from the Library Organizer script), or is it a Windows error message? I assume that the error states exactly which path is the problem. In Windows it’s either a path which the current logged in user does not have permissions to access or a path that does not exist.

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 8 months 3 days ago #49339

• Drybonz
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Yes, you're right... sorry about that. I should have posted the image earlier.

Obviously, this means nothing to me, but hopefully it will help you guys figure it out. Thanks.

Error Image

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 8 months 3 days ago #49340

• boshuda
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 86
Well, according to that error the script can't write to the directory 'D:\Comics\Organized\Walking Dead'.

Does that directory still exist? If so, does ComicRack have permission to write to that folder? That's pretty much the extent of what could be wrong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Drybonz

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 8 months 3 days ago #49342

• Drybonz
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Ok, it is resolved... thanks for all your responses. It was, in fact, permissions that has somehow lost full control in my re-install, and I had overlooked settings the first time I went through them. Thanks again.

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 7 months 2 weeks ago #49380

• gurnarok
  • Fresh Boarder
Would be nice to be able to replace space as underscore, or other marks, for example, replace / with Slash, so Army Of Darkness / Xena becomes Army Of Darkness Slash Xena.

Just for the filename, I know I could do this to the book name, but then it would screw with comicvine

Never mind, found out that there is a option for "Illegal characters" in options screen, where I could add my own rules.
Last Edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by gurnarok. Reason: Being stupid and not looking at everything.

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 6 months 1 week ago #49490

• Targg
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Hi all,

I have run into something I don't know how to do, or if it can be done. In the Library Organizer, I want to add a custom value when renaming files. I have everything else perfect, but for some comics I want to keep ones that are fixed (usually marked by (F) or (fixed). I already have a custom value called "Fixed" to show which comics are fixed or not when using the Data Manager, but when renaming the files using LO I don't know how to make that custom value show an (F) at the end of the filename.

Here's what I use right now:

{<series>}{ v<volume>}{ #<number3>}{ (<year>{-<month#2>})}{ (<tags( )(issue)>)}{ (<scaninfo( )(issue)>)}

Having LO check the custom value "Fixed" and add an (F) at the end if it is marked as such is what I am looking for. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 6 months 5 days ago #49498

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 274
I have run into something I don't know how to do, or if it can be done. In the Library Organizer, I want to add a custom value when renaming files. I have everything else perfect, but for some comics I want to keep ones that are fixed (usually marked by (F) or (fixed). I already have a custom value called "Fixed" to show which comics are fixed or not when using the Data Manager, but when renaming the files using LO I don't know how to make that custom value show an (F) at the end of the filename.

This is actually possible using a somewhat undocumented feature that isn't even in the GUI. I think I have ignored this project long enough and I'll start working getting these features documented and improved.
{ <?Custom(Fixed)(something)>F}

This is a conditional that will take a custom value called fixed and only insert the F if the value matches "something". You can replace "something" with what is actually in your custom value. You can also put a regular expression in the "something" area if you prefix the regular expression with a !
The following user(s) said Thank You: brouski, vanch

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 6 months 5 days ago #49500

• Targg
  • Senior Boarder
Stonepaw,

Thanks for your help! I am having some problems getting it to work, but it sets me on the right path. :) I'm going to put my entire thing here in case I am just overlooking something that others can see.

My DataManager rule is as follows:

|<<FileName.Contains: (F)>> <<FileName.Contains: (Fixed)>> <<FileName.Contains: (fixed)>> <<FileName.Contains: (fix)>> => <<Custom(Fixed).SetValue:F>>

So if there is any of the above the Custom Value of "Fixed" will insert and "F"

I thought this would work, but it doesn't for some reason:

{ <?Custom(Fixed)(F)>F}

I will play around with it and see what I can do, but if anyone finds a way to get it to work, I would appreciate it greatly!

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 5 months 3 weeks ago #49530

• Targg
  • Senior Boarder
Update: Never mind, I figured out what I was doing wrong. It would have helped if I was using 2.1.11 of LO instead of 2.1.10, wince you implemented the feature for custom values in the last update. :)

The solution you gave above works great!

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 5 months 1 day ago #49661

• vanch
  • Fresh Boarder
Question re. multiple values fileds: how do I automatically get the first item of the field?

I am trying to organised folders based on the pencillers of the series:
{<penciller()(series)>}\{<series>}

The first part of the template works as expected but it always opens a dialogue for me to pick any of the pencillers, even if there is only one.
I am processing more than 300 comics, don't want to to pick them up one by one.
How do I get the first one automatically?
How do I make sure that the option "use selection for the entire series, even if it does not have this obne" is on?

cheers.
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds

Who's Online

We have 168 guests and one member online