Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014)

Use Library Organizer to separate publishers to different drives? 2 months 1 week ago #50542

• BakaNeko59
  • Fresh Boarder
I recently split my comic files between two drives as the one I was using was nearly full. I moved all but my mainline publishers (DC, Marvel, etc.) to this drive using Library Organizer in one action using a special configuration.

I use Library Organizer on a regular basis to rename and move my new downloads to their final folders, but it appears a single configuration can only move to a specific drive (the "base" folder).

What I am wondering is if it is possible to use the rules and such in Library Organizer to rename and move my mainstream publishers to one drive and the rest to the other drive automatically using a single configuration.

Basically like this:

IF <publisher> = ("DC Comics" OR "Marvel")
THEN
{Rename and move to C:/Comics}
ELSE
{Rename and move to D:/Comics}
END IF

Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Use Library Organizer to separate publishers to different drives? 2 months 1 week ago #50543

• pueblo
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Create a smartlist with these conditions and run Library Organizer on all comics in this smartlist ;)
Edit: If you want to do this on a daily routine you can use Rules option in Library Organizer config.
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by pueblo.

Use Library Organizer to separate publishers to different drives? 2 months 1 week ago #50544

• Targg
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
When you go into the Library Organizer configuration settings, create two profiles, one for "DC/Marvel" and one for "not them."

Set the base folder in the DC/Marvel profile to the folder on the first drive.

Set Rules (on the left-hand side) to only move comics that have the Publisher set as "Marvel" or "DC."

Set the base folder in the second profile to the other hard drive.

Set Rules on the second profile to ignore any comics with "Marvel" or "DC."

Run both profiles when using the LIbrary Organizer.

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 2 months 1 week ago #50545

• rmagere
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
Building on Targg message I suggest you read "The Organizer" manual by 600WPMPO as that shows how powerful and customisable Library Organizer truly is.

I used for a long time do as suggested by publo - since The Organizer I do not have to worry and all my 21 currently active rules run smoothly in one go.

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 2 months 1 week ago #50580

• BakaNeko59
  • Fresh Boarder
I've looked around the site and can't find the document you mention. Where would I find it?

Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014) 2 months 6 days ago #50629

• krandor
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 34
BakaNeko59 wrote:
I've looked around the site and can't find the document you mention. Where would I find it?

Sticky in tutorital section
Time to create page: 0.337 seconds

Who's Online

We have 163 guests and one member online