Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Library Organizer (Version 2.1.11) (September 25, 2014)

Re: Library Organizer (Version 2.1.6) (July 12, 2012) 5 years 3 months ago #24358

So, I seem to have a problem with illegal character replacement.

I'm trying to change the script so that it replaces a colon (:) with nothing ()... not a blank space, not a dash, not an underscore... nothing.

So I want "Astonishing X-Men: Xenogenesis" to show up as "Astonishing X-Men Xenogenesis".

I found the place to change this, but none of my changes there stick. It just defaults back to the dash.

Any idea how to fix this?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Library Organizer (Version 2.1.7) (July 18, 2012) 5 years 3 months ago #24387

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 267
inpariswithyou wrote:
Yes. I release a new version to fix my stupid mistake :)
Fixed saving empty illegal characters
The following user(s) said Thank You: JaceSimian2099

Re: Library Organizer (Version 2.1.7) (July 18, 2012) 5 years 3 months ago #24391

• JaceSimian2099
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 48
Stonepaw wrote:
inpariswithyou wrote:
Yes. I release a new version to fix my stupid mistake :)
Fixed saving empty illegal characters

Hah hah hah, mistakes aren't stupid, they're the way we learn. What was it Edison said about all the "failures" he had creating lightbulbs? He didn't fail - he just found 999 ways to not make a lightbulb.

Your script is incredible, especially the GUI you've added. I wish coding didn't give me such a headache. or I'd attempt to contribute something even a fraction as great for the community.

But all that aside, keep up the greatness.

Re: Library Organizer (Version 2.1.7) (July 18, 2012) 5 years 3 months ago #24394

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
Great job Stonepaw, though, I'll wait for you to release the update which contains the new tricks you have up your sleeve. B)

Re: Library Organizer (Version 2.1.8) (July 23, 2012) 5 years 2 months ago #24559

• Stonepaw
Fixes an error when handling an error that occurs when moving files.
Restored default templates for new users.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO, oraclexview

Re: Library Organizer (Version 2.1.8) (July 23, 2012) 5 years 2 months ago #24560

• JaceSimian2099
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 48
Stonepaw wrote:
Fixes an error when handling an error that occurs when moving files.
Restored default templates for new users.

Nice. Going to install now. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: oraclexview

Re: Library Organizer (Version 2.1.8) (July 23, 2012) 5 years 2 months ago #24594

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
@Stonepaw - I noticed one thing when checking the box "Copy fileless book custom thumbnails to the calculated path." with an Image Format of ".jpg". If you have the profile mode set to "Move", instead of moving the "JPG" file to the new location, it copies the "JPG" to the new location, and leaves the current location "JPG" where it was as well. Is this how it is intended to be, or should this file actually be moved instead of copied?

Re: Library Organizer (Version 2.1.8) (July 23, 2012) 5 years 2 months ago #24599

• Stonepaw
This is intended. When you add an image to a fileless comic, CR actually makes a copy of the image into it's thumbnail folder. Because CR never saves the path to the original image anywhere the script has no way to know where the original image is. LO just asks CR for the image and then saves it to the calculated location.

Re: Library Organizer (Version 2.1.8) (July 23, 2012) 5 years 2 months ago #24602

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
Stonepaw wrote:
This is intended. When you add an image to a fileless comic, CR actually makes a copy of the image into it's thumbnail folder. Because CR never saves the path to the original image anywhere the script has no way to know where the original image is. LO just asks CR for the image and then saves it to the calculated location.
This makes total sense initially, when you first move a fileless image file. This is an awesome feature that you've added! I love it.
Could it be possible to tweak the script so that after you've moved the fileless image file the first time and you update the same fileless entry in your library which would change the LO criteria, the script remembers the previously moved location that it did before and updates it to the new proper location. I'm thinking, create a TXT file that tracks the book ID field and book File Path the first time the script moves the fileless entry. Then it would have a reference to properly move it any subsequent times that fileless entry is touched by the script. Just an idea buddy. If you'd think that'd be too much to add, no biggie because the feature is still awesome regardless. I could try and add this tweak for myself. Currently, I just have to remember to go manually delete the previous locations if the fileless entry is updated to a different new location using LO.
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by oraclexview.

Re: Library Organizer (Version 2.1.8) (July 23, 2012) 5 years 2 months ago #24607

• Stonepaw
That's not a bad idea. It might be a little complicated but I will look into it for the next major version.
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Stonepaw.
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Who's Online

We have 184 guests and 6 members online