Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Duplicates Manager (v Alpha - 0.6)

Duplicates Manager (v Alpha - 0.6) 1 year 11 months ago #43758

• voor
  • Fresh Boarder
How do you handle files that are "true" duplicates -- they share the same filepath and they're just accidentally in the Library twice?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Duplicates Manager (v Alpha - 0.6) 1 year 11 months ago #43759

• boshuda
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
voor wrote:
How do you handle files that are "true" duplicates -- they share the same filepath and they're just accidentally in the Library twice?

I manually remove one of them after taking care of everything else, and just triple-check that I don't have it set to also remove the file from the disk.

Duplicates Manager (v Alpha - 0.6) 1 year 11 months ago #43760

• voor
  • Fresh Boarder
There's an option in Smart Lists to list only Duplicates, then I just went through and manually deleted one of them.

Duplicates Manager (v Alpha - 0.6) 1 year 11 months ago #43761

• boshuda
  • Gold Boarder
voor wrote:
There's an option in Smart Lists to list only Duplicates, then I just went through and manually deleted one of them.
Yes, that's also what I do. I create a smart list against my library that shows duplicates only. I then quickly scan through and look for the same cover to minimize the chance I've mis-scraped a book. If they're not the same cover (which they usually are), I check for multiple covers by letting the mouse-over lift the corner of the top cover over and visually match the two covers (this works about 80% of the time on the remaining books). Finally I check the interior to make sure they're the same book. If I'm feeling super motivated I'll combine the covers into one book only. I created an export option to handle this, after marking the interior pages on one of the books to be deleted. Then I run Duplicates Manager on the books. If Duplicates Manager ignores them, I figure out why and deal with the duplicate in some way.

Maybe some day I'll port CBanack's Comic Vine Scraper cover-matching code to match the covers so I can skip the manually matching covers portion. And maybe I'll add something to deal with 'true' duplicates too. But probably not. And even if I do I'll probably be too lazy (or scared of mean comments or of breaking your collection) to actually release anything.
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by boshuda.

Duplicates Manager (v Alpha - 0.6) 1 year 10 months ago #44284

• Reducer
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I am converted my collection to .webp in a .c7 container. If I set a rule in dmrules.dat to :
filetype keep c7

Will it be respected? The webp files are so much smaller I can't rely on file size anymore to compare two files. If I have it in .c7 format I KNOW that's the one I want to keep.
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Reducer. Reason: Correct a typo

Duplicates Manager (v Alpha - 0.6) 1 year 10 months ago #44285

• boshuda
  • Gold Boarder
Reducer wrote:
I am converted my collection to .webp in a .c7 container. If I set a rule in dmrules.dat to :
filetype keep c7

Will it be respected? The webp files are so much smaller I can't rely on file size anymore to compare two files. If I have it in .c7 format I KNOW that's the one I want to keep.
If you put it early in the list of rules it should keep it. IIRC, the order of the rules somewhat sets their weight. Basically, once Dupe Man finds a rule it likes it essentially ignores the subsequent rules. This is because eventually running any more rules would delete all copies of a book so Dupe Man ignores those rules. To be safe, configure your dmrules.dat to only log what it would do and then run some tests. Once you're satisfied with those results modify dmrules.dat to actually remove the files.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reducer

Duplicates Manager (v Alpha - 0.6) 1 year 10 months ago #44286

• Reducer
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the reply. My main question was whether or not the plugin recognizes c7 as a valid format and a rule created for it will work. And if so, is my syntax correct?

Thanks for making a great tool!

Duplicates Manager (v Alpha - 0.6) 1 year 10 months ago #44287

• boshuda
  • Gold Boarder
Reducer wrote:
Thanks for the reply. My main question was whether or not the plugin recognizes c7 as a valid format and a rule created for it will work. And if so, is my syntax correct?

Thanks for making a great tool!

I did not make the tool. I haven't even pushed anything I've modified locally.

I read through the code and my own rules file, and I think you're all set with that rule. Your syntax and rule should be valid.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reducer

Duplicates Manager (v Alpha - 0.6) 1 year 10 months ago #44288

• Reducer
  • Fresh Boarder
Great news.

Duplicates Manager (v Alpha - 0.6) 1 year 9 months ago #44349

• krandor
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
I love this app and use it a lot, but lately there has been a lot of series with the same name and volume (based on comicrack) because they came out in the same year. It used to be mainly TPBs and I user organizer to work around those. Now coming out of secret wars there are a lot of now "second series in same year" with no easy way to handle them in duplicate manager.

I know almost nothing about python, but put together a real quick hack to make duplicate manager use comicvine DB numbers instead of series name. It is really rough and once made only used CVDB values. A better solution would be to use CVDB if available and then use series if not but that is a bit beyond what I can do.

Since it is a real rough hack, I don't want to publically share it, but if anybody is interested let me know and I can send it to you. Most of the work from using CVDB is in the code just not being used.
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Who's Online

We have 183 guests and 6 members online