Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Duplicates Manager (v Alpha - 0.6)

Duplicates Manager (v Alpha - 0.6) 1 year 7 months ago #44779

  • MilkmanWes
  • MilkmanWes's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 26
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Karma: 0
I would love to take a look at this
krandor wrote:
I love this app and use it a lot, but lately there has been a lot of series with the same name and volume (based on comicrack) because they came out in the same year. It used to be mainly TPBs and I user organizer to work around those. Now coming out of secret wars there are a lot of now "second series in same year" with no easy way to handle them in duplicate manager.

I know almost nothing about python, but put together a real quick hack to make duplicate manager use comicvine DB numbers instead of series name. It is really rough and once made only used CVDB values. A better solution would be to use CVDB if available and then use series if not but that is a bit beyond what I can do.

Since it is a real rough hack, I don't want to publically share it, but if anybody is interested let me know and I can send it to you. Most of the work from using CVDB is in the code just not being used.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Duplicates Manager (v Alpha - 0.6) 1 year 7 months ago #45013

  • Corwin
  • Corwin's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 13
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Karma: 0
MilkmanWes wrote:
I would love to take a look at this
krandor wrote:
I love this app and use it a lot, but lately there has been a lot of series with the same name and volume (based on comicrack) because they came out in the same year. It used to be mainly TPBs and I user organizer to work around those. Now coming out of secret wars there are a lot of now "second series in same year" with no easy way to handle them in duplicate manager.

I know almost nothing about python, but put together a real quick hack to make duplicate manager use comicvine DB numbers instead of series name. It is really rough and once made only used CVDB values. A better solution would be to use CVDB if available and then use series if not but that is a bit beyond what I can do.

Since it is a real rough hack, I don't want to publically share it, but if anybody is interested let me know and I can send it to you. Most of the work from using CVDB is in the code just not being used.

I created a data manager script that changed the year from "2015" to "20152".
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Duplicates Manager (v Alpha - 0.6) 1 year 7 months ago #45019

  • krandor
  • krandor's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 192
  • Thank you received: 16
  • Karma: 3
Corwin wrote:
MilkmanWes wrote:
I would love to take a look at this
krandor wrote:
I love this app and use it a lot, but lately there has been a lot of series with the same name and volume (based on comicrack) because they came out in the same year. It used to be mainly TPBs and I user organizer to work around those. Now coming out of secret wars there are a lot of now "second series in same year" with no easy way to handle them in duplicate manager.

I know almost nothing about python, but put together a real quick hack to make duplicate manager use comicvine DB numbers instead of series name. It is really rough and once made only used CVDB values. A better solution would be to use CVDB if available and then use series if not but that is a bit beyond what I can do.

Since it is a real rough hack, I don't want to publically share it, but if anybody is interested let me know and I can send it to you. Most of the work from using CVDB is in the code just not being used.

I created a data manager script that changed the year from "2015" to "20152".

That is what I had been doing but there got to be so many that needed changing with TPBs and then the final straw for me for Secret Wars. Had several comics with more then one volume in the same year and became harder and harder to tell one from the other so figured doing duplicate manager on the CVDB was the way to go and so far it has worked great with no issues.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Duplicates Manager (v Alpha - 0.6) 11 months 1 week ago #46542

How do I get the "dupes" path to work correctly? I tried what the wiki said and several other ways in the constants.py but it always defaults to c:_dupes_

How does the dupesdirectory line have to look if my path is G:\\dupes?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Duplicates Manager (v Alpha - 0.6) 10 months 2 weeks ago #46628

  • perezmu
  • perezmu's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1114
  • Thank you received: 64
  • Karma: 51
You need to edit "constants.py" (in the script directory), using any text editor, and change the line
DUPESDIRECTORY = Path.Combine("C:\\","__dupes__")
into

DUPESDIRECTORY = Path.Combine("G:\\","dupes")
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Duplicates Manager (v Alpha - 0.6) 5 months 3 weeks ago #47369

  • Marv74br
  • Marv74br's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 18
  • Karma: 1
I just found out this script today, it worked for a while and now I got the exception fail everytime, tried to reinstall it twice, no good.

What can I be doing wrong?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Duplicates Manager (v Alpha - 0.6) 5 months 3 weeks ago #47370

  • krandor
  • krandor's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 192
  • Thank you received: 16
  • Karma: 3
Marv74br wrote:
I just found out this script today, it worked for a while and now I got the exception fail everytime, tried to reinstall it twice, no good.

What can I be doing wrong?

Exception normally means there is soemthing in the title of one of your comics that the script doesn't like.

What I do is break my list into sections, find which section has the bad file, then run that one into smaller section and rince repeat until I find the comic with the character ir doesn't like and either rename it or just delete it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marv74br

Duplicates Manager (v Alpha - 0.6) 5 months 3 weeks ago #47371

  • Marv74br
  • Marv74br's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 18
  • Karma: 1
Ah, thank you! It was an "1/2" edition, guess it doesn't liked that character.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Duplicates Manager (v Alpha - 0.6) 5 months 3 weeks ago #47372

  • krandor
  • krandor's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 192
  • Thank you received: 16
  • Karma: 3
Marv74br wrote:
Ah, thank you! It was an "1/2" edition, guess it doesn't liked that character.

I've that had that one trigger it before myself.

Glad you found your issue.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marv74br

Duplicates Manager (v Alpha - 0.6) 2 months 21 hours ago #48078

  • tarasis
  • tarasis's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0
Figured it out: If you haven't created the folder for "DUPESDIRECTORY" then you get the below error.

I'm trying to use this script but when I try and execute it I get an error dialog that

ScopeStorage object has no attribute 'DuplicatesManager'

I've tried reinstalling the script but no improvement. Anyone know how to get rid of it?

(Using 0.9 version of the script)

I found this post from 4 years ago where someone had a similar problem, but people are obviously still using the script so I wonder what's different that allows it to run for you, but not me.

comicrack.cyolito.com/forum/8-help/26598...n-duplicates-manager
Last Edit: 2 months 21 hours ago by tarasis. Reason: figured the answer out
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Who's Online

We have 232 guests and 4 members online