Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014)

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014) 2 years 10 months ago #41286

• Samael69
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
Alright, I have the "&" issue fixed, I think. Volumes with names with "&" will now display the full title. So "Sam & Twitch" will display as "Sam and Twitch" rather than "& Twitch". The issue related to the unicode characters ½, ¼, ¾ and ∞ (Infinity) as well as anything else that was non-numeric just seemed to be nothing more than extra messages that actually did have an obscure use when I was grabbing my own issue information. Now, not so much, so I have removed the messages. The conversions and missing issue search seem to be actually be working fine.

As a reminder, this is what the tool will handle for issue numbers:
  • Regular numbers
  • Unicode characters ½, ¼, ¾ and ∞ (Infinity). Gets converted to 0.5, 0.25, 0.75, and 999999999
  • Numbers and letters, such as 1a, 1b. Gets converted to 1.1, 1.2
  • Numbers with punctuation such as 1:1, 1-1. Both get converted to 1.1
  • Words get converted to a decimal representations based on the position of the the letters in the alphabet. So, "BLUE" would be B(2)L(12)U(22)E(5) and would be stored for sorting purposes as 0.212225.
  • I attempt to identify Roman numerals and will convert them to decimal numbers. If this fails, it gets converted as a word as described above.

New download link...
www.sendspace.com/file/eoko75
Last Edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Samael69.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: er0_senn1n, marcdh1

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014) 2 years 10 months ago #41290

• marcdh1
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Wow, it's nice! No more issues with special characters in file names, and the 1/2 and named issue # issue is gone!

Works like a charm!

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014) 2 years 10 months ago #41291

• Samael69
  • Platinum Boarder
You'll still see special characters (Mainly a weird looking little "u") in the DOS screen if you're watching for them, but that's only because DOS doesn't appear to support the unicode character set. It's not a bug, it's simply a display issue with DOS and doesn't hurt anything. I never bothered to fix it simply because the only intent of the DOS screen is to show that it's progressing.

The one that bothers me the most, and I've seen it a couple times now, is when a volume number gets reused. For instance, Pikahyper with volume number 58759

www.comicvine.com/pikahyper/4050-58759/

This volume number used to be assigned to "Shi-First Draft Edition". Currently it is throwing missing volume errors or missing issues in bogus volumes but I am looking at a possible better way to detect and report such instances. In fact I show I have 8 issues assigned to Pikahyper.

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014) 2 years 10 months ago #41295

• Samael69
  • Platinum Boarder
Samael69 wrote:
The one that bothers me the most, and I've seen it a couple times now, is when a volume number gets reused. For instance, Pikahyper with volume number 58759

www.comicvine.com/pikahyper/4050-58759/

This volume number used to be assigned to "Shi-First Draft Edition". Currently it is throwing missing volume errors or missing issues in bogus volumes but I am looking at a possible better way to detect and report such instances. In fact I show I have 8 issues assigned to Pikahyper.
I'm going to try comparing names between what's in the ComicRack library and what I pull from ComicVine. This should find the discrepancies as they're made. Once scraped by the CV scraper, meaning the titles match, as mine are due to a large batch update, there is nothing I can do to detect these without adding more calls to ComicVine, which I'm not willing to do at this point. It's already too slow.

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014) 2 years 10 months ago #41296

• elderviche
  • Fresh Boarder
Great work!,

Let me thank you for your script. It has helped me a lot to maintain my collection.

On the bug report side. I keep getting several of these errors:
ERROR: REMOTE VOLUME NOT FOUND

for example:
ERROR: REMOTE VOLUME NOT FOUND - Captain America (11499)
ERROR: REMOTE VOLUME NOT FOUND - Civil War (18023)

It is not a big deal since I can add manually the volumes to the remote cache file. But still I thought you would want to know about it.

Thanks again.

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014) 2 years 10 months ago #41297

• Samael69
  • Platinum Boarder
elderviche wrote:
Great work!,

Let me thank you for your script. It has helped me a lot to maintain my collection.

On the bug report side. I keep getting several of these errors:
ERROR: REMOTE VOLUME NOT FOUND

for example:
ERROR: REMOTE VOLUME NOT FOUND - Captain America (11499)
ERROR: REMOTE VOLUME NOT FOUND - Civil War (18023)

It is not a big deal since I can add manually the volumes to the remote cache file. But still I thought you would want to know about it.

Thanks again.
This error happens when the local and remote cache files get out of sync and typically happened when the volume itself changed on ComicVine, but the local library has not been refreshed, either in ComicRack or in the C.M.I. tool. Essentially, you have a volume in your local cache file that does not exist in the remote cache file. I'll have a look tonight to see more precisely might be causing the exact error. I haven't seen this one come up in a long time and is an error that really should not happen anymore now that issues are no longer queried individually.

The volume IDs appear to be valid so I'd guess something needs refreah, either the comics need to be rescraped and/or the CMI tool rerun and rebuild the cache files. Since you're comfortable editing the cache files I'd recommend, locating the affected volume records and remove them from both local and remote cache and let the tool re-add them.

It's also important to note, that if you remove stuff from your library it does not get removed from the local cache files, ever. My tool just isn't that smart. The only way my tool will remove anything is if you rebuild the cache or you can edit BOTH cache files and manually remove the affected records.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elderviche

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014) 2 years 10 months ago #41298

• elderviche
  • Fresh Boarder
That was a lot easier than adding the entries to the remote cache. Oddly enough most titles with the error were grouped together in the local cache file. Now everything is working perfectly.

thanks

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014) 2 years 8 months ago #41672

• Rurik550
  • Fresh Boarder
Just got the attached error twice in a row before it resumed looking for missing issues like normal. No idea what it means. I'm running the most recent version.

Edit: Ok so the scan finished running and I have a TON of those "Remote Volume not found" errors. I had this before so I rescraped my library and rebuilt the local cache, so I am not sure what is up there. I tried clearing and rescraping one of the series and comparing the CVDB# but they were the same. And the pikahyper thing of course.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Rurik550.

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014) 2 years 8 months ago #41674

• Samael69
  • Platinum Boarder
Ya, the pikahyper think is a pain, but technically nothing wrong with it from a database perspective. I'll have to look at listing out the stuff detected as pikahyper so it's easier to find and correct. As for the "Remote Volume not found" errors en masse, there's something funny going on there. Typically, what causes this is invalid volumes in the cache, but what you've done should have cleared that up. Check your PM inbox.
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Samael69.

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014) 2 years 8 months ago #41728

• Samael69
  • Platinum Boarder
Rurik550 wrote:
Just got the attached error twice in a row before it resumed looking for missing issues like normal. No idea what it means. I'm running the most recent version.

Edit: Ok so the scan finished running and I have a TON of those "Remote Volume not found" errors. I had this before so I rescraped my library and rebuilt the local cache, so I am not sure what is up there. I tried clearing and rescraping one of the series and comparing the CVDB# but they were the same. And the pikahyper thing of course.
As discussed in PMs, this is a bug that appears to happen when the speed limit is exceeded. It does not completely halt as I expected it would like when the connection goes down. It continues, adding incomplete records to the localCache file while not adding anything to the remoteCache file, essentially corrupting the localCache. Until I can find some time to fix it, you need to rebuild the cache allowing enough delay to not hit the speed limit. 3 seconds works for me, but I have a slow Internet connection, so 4 may be required for really fast connections.
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds

Who's Online

We have 191 guests and 4 members online