Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014)

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014) 2 years 7 months ago #41975

• Scuttle
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Hum...I'm having issues with the app finding missing issues that aren't really missing. The issues are present in the database. I have rescraped the offending issues, but they still pop up as missing

Avengers (Marvel - 1998) (7084)
MAX Issue Number: 503

For example...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014) 2 years 7 months ago #41978

• marcdh1
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
After Rescraping did you quit out of comic rack and rerun the scraper? Usually for me, rescraping did the trick, unless of course I was selecting a whole different volume by mistake because the cover was similar (second most common for me).
Hope this helps

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014) 2 years 7 months ago #41990

• Scuttle
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
marcdh1 wrote:
After Rescraping did you quit out of comic rack and rerun the scraper? Usually for me, rescraping did the trick, unless of course I was selecting a whole different volume by mistake because the cover was similar (second most common for me).
Hope this helps

Hm, not sure what I did, but the missing issues fixed themeselves after a few runs :)

No I have two odder problems...

I get three entries in the missing-list that I can't figure out how to get rid of

First this one:
Ocean (DC Comics - 2004) (18478)
MAX Issue Number: 6

What it is finding is this comic. And I have no issues whatsoever of it in my database or file structure.

What I do have is this one. The collection of the previous six issues. I have checked, and the issue I have has the correct comicvine-tags.

Second, I get these two errors:
ERROR: REMOTE VOLUME NOT FOUND - Crécy (18928)
ERROR: REMOTE VOLUME NOT FOUND - DC Comics Essentials: Justice League (77802)

I have both these two volumes, but they are under different comicvine-ids, the first one is this one and the second one is this one
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Scuttle.

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014) 2 years 7 months ago #42002

• Samael69
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
Scuttle wrote:
First this one:
Ocean (DC Comics - 2004) (18478)
MAX Issue Number: 6

What it is finding is this comic. And I have no issues whatsoever of it in my database or file structure.

What I do have is this one. The collection of the previous six issues. I have checked, and the issue I have has the correct comicvine-tags.

Second, I get these two errors:
ERROR: REMOTE VOLUME NOT FOUND - Crécy (18928)
ERROR: REMOTE VOLUME NOT FOUND - DC Comics Essentials: Justice League (77802)

I have both these two volumes, but they are under different comicvine-ids, the first one is this one and the second one is this one
For Ocean, I would double-check your library to ensure you have the correct #1 scrapped. If you do, then you probably still have the old #1 in your cache. Search your library for volume 18478 to ensure it does not exist. If the volume number is correct at 25692, then I would check the details to see if they're incorrect, and ultimately I would clear the details (Right click on them and there should be an option to clear the details) in ComicRack and rescrape it from scratch.

The volume 18928 for Crécy and 77802 for DC Comics Essentials: Justice League do not exist on ComicVine. They were probably removed and readded to ComicVine at some point. That's what these errors are telling you. In these instances, I would first clear their details in ComicRack and rescrape them from scratch. It gets even more confusing when ComicVine reuses or repurposes volume/issue IDs that once belonged to something else. The Pikahyper entries are a good example of this.

That said, the bogus entries will still exist for volumes 18478, 18928 and 77802 in the cache files for the FMI script and so it will need to be re-run from scratch to remove them or you can edit the files and remove the entries manually by searching for the volume number. Then re-run it in the non-rebuild-cache mode to see if the output files correct themselves.

As with Ocean, you can also search ComicRack for the volume number to see if any of these volumes still exist in your library. 18928 and 77802. If they do, remove/rescrape them.
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Samael69.

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014) 1 year 8 months ago #44749

• marcdh1
  • Junior Boarder
ugh looks like the comicvine change affected this too :(

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014) 1 year 8 months ago #44757

• Samael69
  • Platinum Boarder
Hmmm Can you send me the error(s). Been a while since I've looked at any of this stuff. (I would guess 10 months 2 weeks ago) I'll try to have a have a look some evening this week and at least get a fix out for those who still use it. :D

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014) 1 year 8 months ago #44759

• marcdh1
  • Junior Boarder
I'll rerun tonight but I think it's because
www.comicvine.com/api
is now
www.comicvine.gamespot.com/api

will paste later

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014) 1 year 8 months ago #44776

• marcdh1
  • Junior Boarder
False alarm, looks like they now redirect properly!
All good

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014) 1 year 8 months ago #45022

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 117
I realised this yesterday, please fix it, I can't live without this script D:

:)

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014) 1 year 8 months ago #45023

• Samael69
  • Platinum Boarder
I thought Marc said ComicVine fixed it on their end. Is there a different issue?
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Who's Online

We have 297 guests and 5 members online