Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014)

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014) 1 year 8 months ago #45025

• krandor
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Samael69 wrote:
I thought Marc said ComicVine fixed it on their end. Is there a different issue?

I don't use your script so cannot tell if you are affected or not. However, Comicvine recently made a change where API calls now REQUIRE that there be a user-agent field. So if there are issues that is likely fix - to send a user-agent. Doesn't have to be anything specific (but can't be generic like python either).
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014) 1 year 8 months ago #45028

• marcdh1
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Well it worked the last time I tried, but now for a newly scrapped issue I get

ERROR(12): VOLUME URL/ID MAY BE INVALID, ALL RELATED ISSUES SHOULD BE RESCRAPED - Tomb Raider (www.comicvine.com/api/volume/4050-88221/...ar,date_last_updated)

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014) 1 year 8 months ago #45029

• Samael69
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
marcdh1 wrote:
Well it worked the last time I tried, but now for a newly scrapped issue I get

ERROR(12): VOLUME URL/ID MAY BE INVALID, ALL RELATED ISSUES SHOULD BE RESCRAPED - Tomb Raider (www.comicvine.com/api/volume/4050-88221/...ar,date_last_updated)

Probably due to the URL change (Didn't force me to do a user-agent field though)
<response>
	<error>OK</error>
	<limit>1</limit>
	<offset>0</offset>
	<number_of_page_results>1</number_of_page_results>
	<number_of_total_results>1</number_of_total_results>
	<status_code>1</status_code>
	<results>
		<date_last_updated>2016-02-18 01:27:11</date_last_updated>
		<issues>
			<issue><api_detail_url>http://comicvine.gamespot.com/api/issue/4000-516043/</api_detail_url>
				<id>516043</id>
				<name/>
				<site_detail_url>http://comicvine.gamespot.com/tomb-raider-1/4000-516043/</site_detail_url>
				<issue_number>1</issue_number>
			</issue>
		</issues>
		<name>Tomb Raider</name>
		<start_year>2016</start_year>
	</results>
	<version>1.0</version>
</response>

I don't remember exactly, but I think there was something with a missing ID in ComicRack, either on the volume or issue record and I was parsing that information from the URL stored in ComicRack. The URL www.comicvine.com is shorter than comicvine.gamespot.com. This may be breaking my parser and why it's causing the error for new stuff, but not old. Don't know if I'll have time to look this week, as we'll be away for 1/2 of it, but I'll try to have a look on the weekend. Now that it's there I should be able to pull the issue ID directly from the volume and simplify the querying even further.

Incidentally, I asked for more robust issue information to be included in the volume years ago on the ComicVine forums.
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Samael69.

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014) 1 year 8 months ago #45086

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 117
Any news about this? O.o

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014) 1 year 6 months ago #45348

• Samael69
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi All,
Bad news. I find I have have no time to support this these days and even less time to actually download anything. I know there's not a lot people who use it, but is there anyone who would be interested in picking up the support on this? It's written in Java using Netbeans. I won't lie and say it's beautiful code, but it generally works. It's not a massive amount of code to trace, for some who's done some programming.

Sam

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014) 1 year 6 months ago #45349

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
I have not much experience in programming, but if you publish the source code or whatever you work with I can have a look at it...

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014) 1 year 6 months ago #45350

• Samael69
  • Platinum Boarder
Xelloss wrote:
I have not much experience in programming, but if you publish the source code or whatever you work with I can have a look at it...

I'll have a look for it tonight. I'm not much of a Java programmer. I can muddle through it and it's the only general purpose language I really know. I've done mostly back-end database stuff, so pretty much all scripting languages on Linux/UNIX and nothing with GUIs. So digging through the CR database file and organizing it was easy and designing the process was easy. Most of the problem was figuring out how to make Java do what I needed it to do. I never did get multi-threading working for a progress bar on the window, which is why I have it pop up a DOS window, so one can at least see some form of progress.

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014) 1 year 6 months ago #45361

• Samael69
  • Platinum Boarder
Bad news. It appears the source is lost. :( I thought it was safely in my profile folder, which gets backed up to a NAS every month or so, but it was apparently on a drive I lost over the winter. I thought I rescued everything from that drive, but apparently not. I do have a system backup from about 2 years ago, but I'm not sure if it's in there. I have to figure out how to actually open the thing without "restoring" my system. Even then, I'm not sure if it'll be in there. I'll try to look tonight, I left it copying the backup off the NAS last night. For some reason, the software couldn't see the NAS, so I had to copy the backup to a local drive, which took about 2 hours, and didn't leave me time to test it before bed.

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014) 1 year 6 months ago #45362

• marcdh1
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
:(

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014) 10 months 1 day ago #46814

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
If someone is still interested in using comicvine to find missing comics, try my new script:

comicrack.cyolito.com/forum/13-scripts/3...micvine-offline-beta

I took the idea from this script, only it is offline...
The following user(s) said Thank You: marcdh1
Time to create page: 0.396 seconds

Who's Online

We have 428 guests and 7 members online