Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014)

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014) 10 months 3 days ago #46815

• marcdh1
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I'll try it later today! Thanks, I really miss Samael69 script.

I feel this could plug a big hole that Samael69's script filled with comic rack.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014) 10 months 3 days ago #46816

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 117
The big problem with my script is that it needs maintenance... as if I don't update the list regularly it becomes obsolete...

It also means the users have to download new versions of the list all the time... but I can't find a way to completely automate the update of the list...

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 06-DEC-2014) 9 months 3 weeks ago #46852

• Samael69
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
Hmmm. I found the source. It was on a portable drive that I don't use much that I was thinking to use as an external drive for the XBox. It's slightly older source than the last release, but source none the less. I'll have a look and see if I can't get it limping along. I have to update my library and probably download a new version of the scrapper, but I'll have a look.

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 24-JAN-2017) 9 months 3 weeks ago #46865

• Samael69
  • Platinum Boarder
24-JAN-2017 Changes
  • I had to reimplement all the changes from the previous release as the source I found was not current. Still unsure what happened. I have packaged the source in to the JAR now so that it won't get lost again. The previous unicode source didn't work so it was kind of a kludge to get it working, hopefully it'll be OK. Other than that, I fixed the access denied 403 error the application was getting. There should hopefully be no need to rescrape much. I think my library showed about 30 books that had bad details. Remember to be kind to ComicVine and set your delay to at least 3 seconds. :)

It won't let me update the OP. Internal server error.
Last Edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by Samael69.

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 24-JAN-2017) 9 months 3 weeks ago #46879

• Samael69
  • Platinum Boarder
Minor fix to repair the counter reporting the number of calls to ComicVine.

Download Link: www.sendspace.com/file/5dhs8p
The following user(s) said Thank You: marcdh1, Xelloss

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 24-JAN-2017) 9 months 3 weeks ago #46881

• marcdh1
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks so much for finding/fixing it

Missing Issues using ComicVine (New Version 24-JAN-2017) 9 months 3 weeks ago #46882

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 117
Thanks! :)
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Who's Online

We have 235 guests and 5 members online