Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Scan Information from Filename

Re: Scan Information from Filename 6 years 1 month ago #16396

• mizio66
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Started reading comics at 4... and still counting!
  • Thank you received: 143
Look at this:
newtags= ListOfTags[0]
		for indtag in ListOfTags[1:]:
			newtags = newtags + ", " + indtag

book.ScanInformation = newtags
The old tag is preserved in newtags = newtags + ", " + indtag

So just chnage it to:
newtags = indtag

And it will do...
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

Re: Scan Information from Filename 6 years 2 weeks ago #16733

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Hello, 600!!! Could you do me a favor and see if you can Avalon-SCC-DCP to work? Currently it always adds as SCC-DCP.

Also, I've got an updated list of scanners for you...

A-Team
Agent Orange-Superman
AnEvilScan
Antscan
bakhos
Bat Dinger
Blasty-dcp
C-3PO Scan
cape1736
Cl
clickwheel
Clickwheel
ComicHost + A-Team
comradejoe
Crypt Preist
Cypher
DarthDMT
Digimortal
Dragonz
FBScan
hh-webrip
HHshark
Hydrocardiac
Imbie
IsThisRealLife
Jojo
KFRONE HAMPTA
KidShenlongScans
KingPowers
Lizard
Mal32 - Gambit -Twobyfour
Mal32-Gambit-Twobyfour
MinuteMen-Syl3ntBob
mmdsx&TerminatedToons
NSD
Oroboros-Danger CPS
PeteThePIPster
Pikmin
Pyramid
Scalliwags
ScanDog
Team Mal-DREGS
webrip - Empire
webrip - TheUndisclosed
webrip-Empire
WebRip-Empire
webrip-Temujin
webrip-TheGroup
webrip+-+Empire
WildBlueZero
Youngstar
YoungStr
YZ1
Zeg

Some are doubled for incorrect spaces, capitalizations (or lack thereof), or extra (or missing) characters.

Thanks in advance for any help! This thread may not be as busy as others, but it is literally the first thing I run when I add my new issues.
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

Re: Scan Information from Filename 6 years 2 weeks ago #16734

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Alan Scott wrote:
Hello, 600!!! Could you do me a favor and see if you can Avalon-SCC-DCP to work? Currently it always adds as SCC-DCP. Also, I've got an updated list of scanners for you...
Thanks in advance for any help! This thread may not be as busy as others, but it is literally the first thing I run when I add my new issues.
I'll try it Alan. I am terribly out of touch with Python & scripting these days. Mizio & Stonepaw have helped me a lot. We had intended to make a GUI, wherein the user would have the choice to input his desired scanner names. I'll try it again... However, I think Mizio/Stoney would do this within a few minutes.

Also, I would like your (and other users of this script) opinion whether we should change the default result from, say, "Scanner: DCP" to simply "DCP".
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jumpr

Re: Scan Information from Filename 5 years 11 months ago #18062

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 267
So I've been working on version 0.4 for sometime and it's finally ready to be released!

Changes:

- Tweaked the Regex a little bit to allow -SCC-DCP. There will inevitably still be some DCP and Minutemen scanners the script won't be able to match but I think it is a bit more reliable now.

- Added Individual scanner names along with a way to add more via Configure script (the little arrow beside the script icon on the toolbar). I've pre-added Alan Scott's list and every individual scanner I could find in my library.

Note that you can use regular expression syntax with the individual scanners. Such as heGroup which will match theGroup and TheGroup. Use cautiously though as you may get unexpected results.

- Added a user definable prefix configurable via the Configure script. The default is: Scanner:

- Added a progress bar. Due to the added individual scanners the script would hang ComicRack for a while. The progress bar can't count the progress but it will show that the script is working.

Since this version can take a while longer to match names, I've left the link to the faster but less featured 0.3 on the front page.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO, mizio66, jumpr, alext41

Re: Scan Information from Filename 5 years 11 months ago #18067

• jumpr
  • Junior Boarder
  • Hi
  • Thank you received: 4
It works! Thanks Stonepaw. And big thanks to 600 for starting this. I was hesitant to use it for awhile cause the toolbox script"scan tags from file-name" did everything I needed since I mainly just did minutemen scans but with the rise of these diff group names that was becoming more and more of a burden.

Now my only problem is how to get the scanner credits from "tags" to "scan info". I know I'll have to use "copy/move field" but then the CVDb info goes with it and eventually I wanna use "Library Organizer" to add scanner tags to the original file. Any suggestions?

Re: Scan Information from Filename 5 years 11 months ago #18069

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Stonepaw wrote:
So I've been working on version 0.4 for sometime and it's finally ready to be released!
:woohoo: Excellent!

+1 karma straightaway..!

The script works fine and is now an excellent addition to Stonepaw's as-usual great quality scripts! Can't thank you enough, Stoney.. can't thank you enough..! You are a gem of a person. :)

p.s. A minor niggle. If a different scanner name (or any text) is already present in the Scan Info field, and the script is run, it adds the scanner info to that. e.g. I had the text "Scanner:theProletariat-DCP". I then changed the script preference to not use any prefix tag. I re-ran the script on that book. The scan info field then read: "Scanner:theProletariat-DCP, theProletariat-DCP". I guess this would need some tweaking.

jumpr wrote:
Now my only problem is how to get the scanner credits from "tags" to "scan info". I know I'll have to use "copy/move field" but then the CVDb info goes with it and eventually I wanna use "Library Organizer" to add scanner tags to the original file. Any suggestions?
Yes dear jumpr, the Copy/Move script (again Stonepaw's :) ) is the one to use. However, I feel that the use of CVDB tags in the 'tags' field is over-rated, and belittles the use of the promising 'Tags' field. You can put the tags in the 'Notes' field only, and it'll rescrape just as fast. We also have a script to remove all CVBD tags en masse.
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re: Scan Information from Filename 5 years 11 months ago #18075

• jumpr
  • Junior Boarder
  • Hi
  • Thank you received: 4
[url=http://http://comicrack.cyolito.com/user-forum/8-help/8915-remove-cvdb-tags]Remove CV Tags[/url]? Yep works like a charm. Thanks alot for the help.

Although now...... I just got into using Miguelfreirejunior's script: "Missing Issues using ComicVine" which uses.... wait for it... YEP! the CVDB info contained in the tags field only! HA! Anyway I can work around that but still, one door opens another closes.

Re: Scan Information from Filename 5 years 11 months ago #18092

Great Extension! Thanks for all of the work. Just a note, a few items I enter, and current names like "Oroboros-Danger CPS" are not added to scanner info. Am I doing something wrong?

Re: Scan Information from Filename 5 years 11 months ago #18281

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 267
So "Webcomic Developer" Helmic and I got to talking on IRC about regex and after much testing he was able to craft a much better regex for this script.

This regex is:
  • able to match all scanners, including individuals without adding them to the scanners list
  • much faster than the one found in 0.4

So "Webcomic Developer" Helmic and I give you:
Everybody should thank "Webcomic Developer" Helmic for this version!

Note that the definable scanners are still available but are only used when the regex doesn't match anything.

If anybody finds a file that doesn't work, please post the entire filename so "Webcomic Developer" Helmic can take a look at it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Helmic, rickstaman05, usagent27

Re: Scan Information from Filename 5 years 11 months ago #18292

Thanks for the update.

Currently all files added with (digital-"Empire, theGroup, etc") now removes the "digital-" from the name.

One question, is this intended? Thanks.
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds

Who's Online

We have 253 guests and 11 members online