Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Automatically reading volume information for manga

Automatically reading volume information for manga 9 years 5 months ago #1527

• Flugan
  • Junior Boarder
This is my script for parsing my large manga collection. It handles the different naming conventions used in my collection far too numerous to list but the purpose of the script was to parse my collection and you should feel free to try it on yours. If you give some examples where it fails if it fails and ask nicely I can probably adopt it to some special cases in your library.

If you extract the zip file in the scripts directory you can try it out. Nothing is saved and if you are not happy with the result you can just remove the files. If you know programming and regular expressions you can adopt it to your needs further or as previously mentioned ask nicely and I will probably help.

File Attachment:

File Name: Mine-79087...af03.zip
File Size:2 KB
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Automatically reading volume information for manga 9 years 5 months ago #1528

• Flugan
  • Junior Boarder
Feel free to ask questions.

Re:Automatically reading volume information for manga 9 years 5 months ago #1532

• AlucardNoir
  • Senior Boarder
  • MangAnime Vampire AlucardNoir
works great, as a manga fan [at least that's what i think of myself with 61 gigs on my computer] i can say your rpgram works batter for me then the normal name parsing tool of CR, TX man, this just makes CR so much batter, at least for me, really tx man
MangAnime Vampire AlucardNoir

Re:Automatically reading volume information for manga 9 years 5 months ago #1534

• Flugan
  • Junior Boarder
You should primarily thank cYo who made it possible and also very quickly fixed a bug with the new functionality.

The script was made for my use to compliment the default filename parsing and it should be useful for others with similar needs.

Re:Automatically reading volume information for manga 9 years 5 months ago #1537

• AlucardNoir
  • Senior Boarder
well, he really wouldn't be cyo if he wouldn't have fixed it asap :) , but still , tx cyo

the idea nonetheless Flugan is that CR's default name parsing didn't detect V[volumes]#, it just passed over them making them invisible, and now tx to you i can finally use name parsing for a ton of files

Re:Automatically reading volume information for manga 9 years 5 months ago #1566

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
0.9.84 adds support for Title/Format to the parser.

Re:Automatically reading volume information for manga 9 years 4 months ago #1745

• imsabbel3
  • Senior Boarder
Thank you so much for that script.
I already spend some time trying to do this manually, but i didnt get too far (only about 1% of all).

This one really gets 95% of them automatically. It just seems to miss "Ch #" for chapters.

Ah, and there was one drawback: It did run for ages on the first start, and it had a collision with my own script... which was also called "mine.py" :D

Re:Automatically reading volume information for manga 9 years 3 months ago #2074

• AlucardNoir
  • Senior Boarder
well, with all do respect for the work Flugan has done, the problem still remains, CR can't read volumes right, i have all my eComic volumes names correctly but CR refuses to read them as such, unless i use this scrip [for which i am grateful Flugan], now my problem is that one day CR may undergo several changes that would make this script unusable, so i was wandering if you, cYo might consider incorporating part of the script in the normal file name parsing of CR.

Re:Automatically reading volume information for manga 9 years 1 month ago #2413

• shirokage
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi first o all i want to thank you for this tool it's been really helpful in organizing

and i apologize for bothering you and for taking ur time

I was kinda wondering if u could help me with someting though....cuz i dont know any programming...

I was hoping hoping that u help me with a problem which is:

that whenever I have just chapters only in the name like-
Berserk_c295..... it would not recognize the chapters and be just "Berserk" in the info area

The next thing i kinda have problem with is that many of my mangas have combined chapters or even volumes.... it has a hard time recognizing that for example "love hina v02 c14-27" it would show as "SERIES:love hina VOLUME:2 #14" while a bunch are not necessarily a whole volume or whole series

The last one is that from time to time I get special chapters or omake chapters usually in the filenames such as

omake, #omake, #omake#, omake#, #b, #b#, b#, special, #special, #special#, special#
i was wondering if there is a way to put them in the chapter area

I thank you again, for the script, your time, and consideration
and i apologize for bothering you
Last Edit: 9 years 1 month ago by shirokage. Reason: spacing

Re:Automatically reading volume information for manga 9 years 1 month ago #2415

• Flugan
  • Junior Boarder
Give me a complete filename for some failed files.

love hina v02 c14-27 gives ch14 as best result as that would place it in the right order when sorting which is what I was interested in. There is no way to treat it better unless you repackage as volumes or split up the archive into individual chapters. I don't think ComicRack handles nested archives so you should probably do some manual work in that case if your interested. I did indeed do some manual work using total commander to batch rename some of the failed files rather than adjusting the rules to a few exceptions.

I also think I handled omake chapters manually either by packing them into volume packages or just manually assign a chapter number etc.

You can probably get the right result with some manual editing and probably a batch rename using for instance multi rename tool in total commander.
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Who's Online

We have 235 guests and 3 members online