Re:Automatically reading volume information for manga 9 years 1 month ago #2418

• shirokage
  • Fresh Boarder
thnks for the quick response

a complete filename would be

.../Eyeshield 21/Eyeshield_21_c201.zip
.../Berserk/Berserk_c109.rar
.../Nogizaka/Nogizaka_c005.zip
for these it does not recognize the chapter #s......
the problem arises many times is that when they are released, many times the volume association does not come with it, usually occurs when groups start and quickly cover new manga

as for the multiple chapters in one file the usual case is that the scanlators just put the images together in a bundle without actually labeling or even organizing in separate files if they were from different chapters..... they just number them in accordance of time in the file itself not the volume...

for example( I have Gigs of these types) SHIN-ANGYO-ONSHI_v2_c7-9.zip (v2 starts @ 5 ends at 11) is filled with
01.jpg
02.jpg
03a.jpg
03b.jpg
04.png
05.jpg..........etc etc

As for the special etc i just hoped for it its no biggie...thnx tho

However i do want to ask.... for these "failures" can't u just add a few lines of code in the script which specifies what to do when x happens?....I know nearly zip about programming... that's why i ask.....sorry if I offended u in any way.
I mean when i looked at the file trying to make sense of it.... it kinda looked like the format was when x occurs so y, when a do b, when a and x do g.....alhtough i couldnt make out what were the commands and stuff
Last Edit: 9 years 1 month ago by shirokage. Reason: details
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Automatically reading volume information for manga 9 years 1 month ago #2488

• shirokage
  • Fresh Boarder
um any response of sorts, not even "sht up @$$h0l3"

Re:Automatically reading volume information for manga 9 years 1 month ago #2492

• Flugan
  • Junior Boarder
I'm looking at my code and can't really see where it goes wrong. Was for a while thinking the underlines messed it up but then I'm looking at my current version of the code rather than what was posted and I might have fixed something. Be aware I havn't changed this file in months but if it's changed since the submitted version it could work better.

It might be possible that the earlier version breaks if the filename contains _ instead of spaces.

I have been quite busy and responding has not been my highest priority but I almost did and now I wish I had given a response earlier.

Otherwise for my need the regular expressions became robust enough that if a file wouldn't work with it I could easily use a mass file renamer (I use total commander) to change the filename into a supported filename.

Please give some feedback on your results. I hope it's just a bug that has been fixed in this file.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Flugan.

Re:Automatically reading volume information for manga 9 years 1 month ago #2493

• Flugan
  • Junior Boarder
The file failed to upload because of file extension.
I zipped the .py file but the xml file is still needed from the previous package.

File Attachment:

File Name: Mine-8251b...a0e5.zip
File Size:1 KB

Re:Automatically reading volume information for manga 9 years 2 weeks ago #2566

• Morghus
  • Fresh Boarder
Heya mate, freakin' fantastic script! I'm amazed, it does everything I wanted and more! Flugan, thou art awsm.

One question though, possible to add support for this format where it says Volume # Chapter #-#? Like this one: Air_Gear_v22 c196-205 Sora scan.zip, it shows up as Air Gear V22 #196 :)

Re:Automatically reading volume information for manga 9 years 2 weeks ago #2569

• Flugan
  • Junior Boarder
It seems like it would be possible. Just tried to manually specify chapter no: 1-3 and it was sorted properly as chapter number 1.

It clearly seems possible to identify both numbers and store it into the number field of the book entry.

Unfortunatelly I'm not particularly motivated as the file already sorts properly within ComicRack and the filename is still available with the details. If the file contains nested zip files I would probaly unpack them anyway. Anything related to comicrack is very low priority at the moment.

Feel free to redesign one of the regular expressions where there are some useful tools where you can write a number of filenames and look at the resulting match.

Re:Automatically reading volume information for manga 8 years 7 months ago #3556

• imsabbel3
  • Senior Boarder
It seems that the scripts stopped working with the latest development builds...

Re:Automatically reading volume information for manga 8 years 7 months ago #3558

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
works fine here.
Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by cYo.

Re:Automatically reading volume information for manga 8 years 7 months ago #3559

• imsabbel3
  • Senior Boarder
Sorry, i think i was a bit brief in my error description.

With the development build, Comicrack just doesnt start up. With the old versions, it took about 30 seconds for the script to run over all the comics and set the .shadow values.

With the dev build, i aborted after 15 minutes, allthewhile it was using quite a bit of cpu power.

Could it be that some function run a LOT slower with the new build? I have lots of files in my library, and many of them dont have "hard" values set, but just use the shadowvalues. (we are talking about O(5000) here)

Re:Automatically reading volume information for manga 8 years 7 months ago #3560

• StoVoKor
  • Fresh Boarder
i've got the same problem, i just can't start the dev. build with this script.
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Who's Online

We have 239 guests and 2 members online